shape
carat
color
clarity

Meeting your future husband or wife on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Everyone, i have met the most amazing guy ever over the internet, hes in USA im in Ireland and hes paid to come here and meet me in person, flight cost over $700. I think its wonderful, and we are still together long distance for about a year now, so in love. Now many people would say meeting people over the net is crazy and that it will never work, especially long distance like this. Some actually laugh and some are embarassed to say they met him or her online!...how do you all feel about it?...if you have any interesting stories about meeting someone over the internet post them here...the bad and the good...

Caroline

happy 2005 to everyone!
2.gif

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Met FI over the internet also! He is from California, I was living in Toronto (Canada) at the time. It CAN work adn it does, for a lot of ppl, I think because so much of your time is spent engaging in dialogue rather than... ahem... other stuff. This is probably because I think I am at the mercy of my hormones; I have always wanted what I desired. To take the physical attraction out of the equation meant that what we had was an emotional, intellectual attraction first and foremost, that is backed up by a serious physical attraction second. I can't imagine how many reckless mistakes I would have made out of lust had we met "normally".

Edited to add: I know this post makes me sound promiscuous but I don't care, I would rather be honest.

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
I agree with you totally, its the same with me...your not together as much therefore your love and relationship is built on a much stronger foundation. It can take a lot more hardship, through distance, sexual tension etc. but in the end when you get together its unbelievable. People who meet over the net, spend money meeting up..in my case a lot of money..(usa - ireland). It makes you want to be faithful and want to be with that person more. Who is gonna spend at least £400 on a plane ticket to meet their girlfriend/boyfriend, for a week two weeks or whatever, for them to leave and go behind their backs with someone else. It really tests a relationship. If a relationship stays strong while the two people are apart, then i think it would be even stronger when they are together.

But the whole meeting over the internet in general, is becoming a lot more of the ''norm'' now. With the help of a live web cam to see what the person really looks at, is a safe way to meet people. Then you can spend as many months etc as you want in getting to know that person. Some people might say ..."oh but you dont know what they will end up being like in real life" but the truth of the matter is the longer you spend chatting to someone the more familiar you become with their personality and behaviour. No matter how you meet your future husband or wife, you will never know him or her 100%, how can we when we learn about ourselves until our dying day.

i have to say i do get embarassed now and then depending on who i am chatting to when they ask me how i met my boyfriend...but i think in the next 5 years, it will be so common and acceptable as being gay.

By the way everyone...the reason for me setting up this post is...he has actually hinted that he wants to purpose when he comes over in jan...the sad fact is i personally dont feel ready, but the good thing is hes prepared to wait.

Take Care
Caroline

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
I told FI that I wanted to wait 7 years before getting married because I wanted to "have a ''normal'' relationship"! Boy am I eating those words! I know what you mean about faithfullness but that was never a problem for either of us before or since. My problem was always that I would want SO much to be in love that I would gamble too much, invest too much, on the wrong people. Thank god it never worked out with any of those people. FI was the same in his way.

About it being ''too early'' - maybe you two could agree to a long engagement instead.

kasih

Rough_Rock
I am also with you IrishCaroline and HoneyNut. I met my future FI on eharmony. However we are only about an hour from each other so we have been dating like normal folks. I was skeptical and embarrased at first to tell people how we met. But now I think it has been a very healthy experience. We got to really know A LOT about each other before we met face to face...the kind of things you usually don''t find out on the first few dates. So I think if you keep perpective and use wisdom that it can be a really great way to meet someone. The danger in long distance is maybe getting infatuated with someone who isn''t real cause are minds and emotions can play tricks on us. But I also think nowadays it is easier to communicate with someone everyday so it would be pretty hard to fool someone (or ourselves).

Anyways, I hope all your dreams come true! IrishCaroline, let us know how your BF''s visit goes!
35.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I met my FI online also but not through a dating website. I chat with people from different places online and learned many interesting things. Anyways that''s how we met; we would chat about everything but was not really looking for anything romantic. After a few months of chatting, we were both beginning to fall for each other, and he drove to see me. We had an amazing time. We dated long distance for 2 and 1/2 yrs before we got engaged and I moved in with him. Talking over the phone does help us get to know each other on a deeper level and also allows us to develop the communication skills that a healthy relationship need. I don''t mind telling people that we met online but my FI is embarrassed by it. I think meeting online is pretty common now but most people are too embarrassed to admit it.

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
ok people i actually dont know what im doing...one minute im chatting to him and chatting about the ring trying to find out what its like etc...ya see we never talked about getting engaged although we chatted about getting married at some time in our lives but hell...i never thought this soon. Hes bought the ring, i dont know what it looks like!! agh its every girls dream to find their own special ring, but he knows a lot about jewellery and i think i trust him. See then i think what am i talking about, i dont want to get engaged so soon, but i cant help asking about this ring...agh!!

I met him online, we have met up a few times, and have been dating a year...please someone who has met their future husband/wife online...and its long distance(preferably)..help me out here. Is it too unrealistic?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I know a number of people who met their SOs (current or past) online. However, of those a huge percentage failed spectacularly--including one who, like you, is from Ireland with a soon-to-be-ex from the U.S.

I think regardless of whether you meet online or not, the issue isn''t so much where you meet but how well you get to know each other before you marry. It''s like all long-distance relationships in that there''s an artificial thrill involved because you are apart so much, but when you''re actually living together--picking up socks, arguing over who does the dishes, and figuring out who gets how much closet space--you might find that you are not as compatible as you thought. I wish you the best but I hope you''ll make sure you live in the same area and date in person for awhile before you end up making a lifetime commitment.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Hest, it''s not about the how, but how well you know each other before making that major step. And on-line is just as acceptable as face -to-face. I have a friend who started planning a wedding about three months after they met (face to face meeting). When the wedding happened they had known each other less than a year. The week after the honeymoon they were having problems, after many arguments and threats of leaving (on his part) he finally did leave. He came back and they appear to be working things out, but there are SO many things she didn''t know before they married. And she will admit herself that they got married too fast. They married in ''02 and they still seem to be in the adjustment period. I hope it works for her...

Don''t let the "embarassment" of the on-line meeting deter you. People can meet in the strangest places.
2.gif

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
I dont think there is anything to be embarrassed about. I met my fiance 6 years ago over the internet in a Toronto chatroom. We werent looking for relationships, just other people to chat and possible make friends with. We had such great talks over the computer which eventually turned into telephone conversations. Then one nite, I was going out with my girlfriends and he was going out with the boys so I asked him to meet up with us at a bar. All he knew was to look for the girl in the jean overalls and white shoes (overalls were cool back then ok, and I was 18). So I''m dancing away and I turn around to see him and his friend pointing at me. I instantly knew it was him (from a pic I saw), walked over, hugged him and was glued to him for the rest of the night. It was instant chemistry and we have been happy happy happy in love ever since. We got engaged 2 weeks ago! For the first few years I would tell people we met at a bar b/c techinally we did but now everybody knows and I''m not ashamed. Its perfectly normal now. So for anyone having doubts, go for it...give it a chance! Of course, dont rush into a marriage, get to know each other in person first before making any rush decisions. But I am proof, it can work!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Hest88 too. It seems as though you are sure if you are ready for engagement at this point but you are very excited about the e-ring. That might just have to do with the fact that you want to know what he got. Ask yourself how well do you know him. Long distance relationship can work but there''s a lot of work and commitment involved. Just don''t rush into anything that you are unsure about; take your time to get to know each other better. Because you two are so far apart and live in two different countries, I think you probably have more to work through than a lot of us.

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Kasih dont you worry ill have it up here as soon as he gets on that plane back home haha...awww but i wish that didnt have to happen either! Im getting more and more nervous by the day, what if he asks me in person so how and i say yes through nerves?!?!?! ahhhhhhh... haha

Enjoy the new year everyone, i have a big party to go tomorrow nite so i prob wont be posting anything here until sat.

Caroline

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Hello!!! , suffering big time from a hangover...had an amazing nite last nite, hope you all entered the new year in the best way possible...unfortunately i couldnt be with bf for it. does anyone know how u post a pic, i have clicked on the pic icon but i dont know how to get the pic into the image box, theres a part sayin URL if the pics online but its not its on my comp. So are we gonna hear anymore stories from people who met their future husband or wife online?
1.gif

Take Care all!

Caz

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, have you ever heard of the Diversity Lotto? I noticed a few people on this board are either having their mate move to another country for them or are moving themselves. My cousin married an Australian, and she came here, they got married, and then the paperwork and *fun* started. She had to wait months before she could work, and were out a lot of money.

The US holds a lottery to give out 50K greencards every year. The period to apply is very short and is currently going on. I think there are only a few more days left. It''s supereasy to apply, free, and if one wins it, they can come to the country and start working from day one.

website if you are interested is http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html. The application is now all done online. Ireland is a country that is eligible.

The reason that I mentioned this is that I met a wonderful man while traveling in Europe. I''m american, he''s australian. We found out about the lottery and thought, why not? We applied Dec 2003 and got the notice that he was selected for further processing in April 2004. We''re hoping to get it all finished up early this year. It was a bit to wait, but the nice part is he continued to work and save money while this process was going through. And long distance does suck, I''ll be the first to say that!!!

Anyway, it doesn''t hurt to apply! Odds are about 200 to 1...so I''ve seen a lot worse!!!

I met my angel online, in the politics chat room that I''d been going to for years. I was not looking for love, but I knew from the start that she was the one. that was in July and we will meet for the first time in March, I am going to spend three or four weeks with her over spring break, I can''t wait. as she is American, and I am British, it is certainly long-distance. aside from unavoidable events (I had to go to a wedding, she had to go to a birthday and thanksgiving) there hasn''t been a night that we have not spoken since the day we first met. I''ve been looking at rings since September, and I want to propose over the summer, and we already know that I will move to the states to be with her when I finish university this September. obviously it is hard to be so far apart, but fear not, for love will see you through.

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, im soo dying with the cold..i feel so sick and have such a sore throat.
8.gif

Travelling Gal:I remember looking at that site before and yes i think its a really good opportunity. Thanx very much for reminding me as i had completely forgotten about it. The only thing is i wont be able to go to USA to live anytime soon, as i mentioned before about my mum passing away in Oct and i have 4 younger brothers to help my dad look after. Although i have been thinking about going to USA to do my internship in sept and i was wondering what kinda visa etc would i need to do this? It would be for about 6 months but it is a part of a unversity scheme. I thought if i could get a work placment there for my internship it would be pretty cool as i would be able to see my bf a lot more often, he said he would go to which ever state i end up in if it cant be his state.

I am so glad that a lot of people have replied back about their experiences and finding their love on the net, i dont feel as abnormal anymore haha...a lot of my friends here would think it was crazy but it is so nice to come on here see how people have experienced the same thing and understand my situation a lot more. Its kool!

Diamondgeezer: Your distance in relationship is very similar to mines, if not near exact as i live in Northern Irelnd. So let me know if you find any cheap deals on flights to USA and vise versa...
1.gif

Keep it lit

Thank you all
Caroline
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your mum Caroline.
7.gif

Well, I don''t think it hurts to apply even though you can''t come over any time too soon. The current lottery opening is for 2006, which means initial noticed don''t go out until mid 2005 and interviews will most likely be during 2006. Then you have 6 months to get to the USA to "activate" your status. I have heard of people who come over to activate, then leave for another 6 months to clear things up in their home country, and finally come back to live permanently. That gives you until 2007!

if you don''t want to apply this year, just keep an eye on the website. Each year at around the november time frame they announce whether they will do another one.

And you''re not that weird at all...I had another long distance relationship (I am the long distance relationship pro! I hate them though!) with someone I met through the internet back in 96! You think it sounds weird now...try telling people back in the day before it was even common!!! :)

Good luck!

caroline - I am have not really looked around, but going to book with ebookers.com. prices seem reasonable, cheaper than I expected considering it is not a major route. I certainly recommend flying on a Monday or Tuesday as the prices seem to be over a hundred quid cheaper! ebookers have marginally cheaper flights from London, but Manchester is just a lot easier to get to, especially as I can get a train direct to the airport from Lime Street. I'll be flying in March, and I just checked, return flights (arriving at about five past six at night) will be £316 with American, that is with a stop in Chicago - sadly they don't do direct flights to pittsburgh

I don't know where your bf lives, but they there are some routes from Belfast to the states, eg - Belfast to JFK with BA, return, direct flight, £331. that is on the days I am travelling anyway, so ebookers is always worth a look!

if you do find cheaper flights, please let me know! lol I am a poor poor student, saving for the ring! I need every penny, lol

edited to add - I just checked expedia, they have the same flights, and I could save a whopping 50p!!! lol
I think the prices will be pretty similar, I think that the dates are the most important thing, if you are going in
the off-peak times you can save money.

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
TravelingGal: Thanx a lot ill keep an eye on that site, thats real useful. Oh my 96'' the ''meeting someone over the net'' was seen as WRONG then i think. I can imagine the response from people then...haha aw well. Its better to be abnormal sometimes lol. So how is your current relationship? Is there a ring on the way...

Long distance relationships especially a meeting over the net can really make a relationship a lot stronger i think, communication is essential for a healthy relationship and thats something long distance relationships have, a great foundation!!

Diamondgeezer: my bf lives in louisiana, hes flying here on 15th Jan ....woohoo two weeks...it cost £400 which i think is ok, considering it was only booked in Nov. I am planning on going there in May, i am expecting the prices to be a bit higher, but we have always used Expedia, think its the best we have found so far...but i will keep you updated with any bargins!!
2.gif

Oh my bf has gotten me a diamond ring already and i havent seen it, hes bringing it over in jan...he kinda let it slip that he wants to purpose in Jan, but i told him it was not the right timing, although hes still bringing the ring to show me...agh lets hope i dont get to over taken by it and say yes for the wrong reason, bling bling can be a very powerful thing lol...but i do love him, just becuz of my mum and stuff happening lately, i just dont feel ready but thankfully he understands.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi again Caroline:

No, I am not waiting for an engagement ring at this moment. I am waiting for the Greencard! Probably why I haven''t joined the Ladies in Waiting group over on the other forum, because I can''t fathom getting engaged until this is all sorted. I only found this board because I joked about a Tiffany ring and he began to research it. Then I had to find information to show him Tiffany was not the way to go if you wanted the best deal!!

It has been nearly two years since my bf and I met in Europe. While it has been a great time, I am wary because of many of the things that the others mentioned previously in their posts. A long distance relationship is NOT "real life". It can''t be. That is not to say that in a long distance relationship that you can''t get to know each other very well - especially because much of your time is talking on the phone or emailing vs. other, er, "activities"
31.gif
but when we do see each other, we are both on vacation and not in the grind of every day life. That grind is a bit intimidating to me since I have done long distance for the better part of the last 10 years, and I don''t know enough about regular "in the same timezone relationships" to bank a lifetime with someone on it until I can see the real thing firsthand. This is why we gave the greencard lotto a shot so he could come on his own terms. And whaddaya know...we got selected.

I wouldn''t have chosen long distance, but you''re right...there is a beauty in it if a couple can sustain it. Of course, the bottom line is that at some point, someone has to move. Believe me, at some point the goodbyes start to suck...and unbearably so. Right when I swore off long distance forever, I met someone from Australia. Go figure, I''m a freak. But a freak with a man who is about to get a greencard (I hope I hope!) So we will at least give living together a shot before we etch it all in stone...and not a tiffany one!!! :)

Good luck to you and your long distance relationship. I think it''s great you found someone over the internet for your mental and emotional chemistry rather than straight physical chemistry. I always thought that finding someone online helps people to fall in love with someone from the inside out, instead of the outside in. It''s a luxury that not everyone gets to try. :)

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Hey Travelinggal: I was wondering, does the picture for it have to be a passport one? it says digital so i think they want it to be put straight through without scanning etc, either way, i dont have a picture to suit and tomorrow is my last chance aaahhhhh.. lol.. i will take one with my digital camera and use my photoshop skills to change it a bit to suit requirments. Was also wondering, is there any visas going around that would allow an american to come here to work etc? I am not very sure how all that visa stuff works, and how come your cousin etc were out a lot of money on it? ... if i miss this years applying for the diversity lotto visa, i can apply next year but then i wouldnt be able to use it finally until 2008 right? As this years would be ready for 2007.

Caroline

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, a simple photo taken against a light backdrop will do. That is what we did. Your head should be about 50% of the photo, which basically means you''re dead center of the pic and it''s just from the neck up and should fill most of the space. Then it needs to be the right specs. The site has a photo tester you can try before you submit the application to make sure it is OK. Remember, you can only submit the application ONCE. If it goes through, you will get confirmation via email, I believe. If you successfully submit twice, you will be disqualified.

And yes, you can always try next year, which is for DV 2007, although every year some government officials try to get rid of the greencard lotto saying it''s too easy for terrorists to get in this way. So do try to apply. If you want, I could help you with the photo specs if your photoshop skills aren''t up to par (I work for an image editing company) the problem is I will be working all day tomorrow away from my desk and you may not make the deadline. However, I thought the deadline was the 7th, noon. which means if you are in ireland, you will be able to do it until around 8 pm your time on Jan 7th...so you have a little more time. Go for it. You never know what doors it will open for you, and if you don''t win this year, you didn''t waste much time or any money (it''s free btw...don''t pay anyone to enter.)

As far as I know, the US is the only country with a program like this. It''s pretty hard to get into other countries. However, you both are young, and perhaps he could get there on some kind of study visa. This is why my boyfriend is coming to the U.S. I can''t get into his country unless I marry him.

Hope you can apply...you never know. I got my bf''s call at 130 am telling me he got the letter that he was selected . I cried my eyes, out...I couldn''t believe it. Our relationship only got more serious from there...

Cheers,
Traveling Gal

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to clarify one more thing...our US govt goes on a fiscal year of Oct-Sept. So the lotto you are applying for is for DV 2006. Interviews would START on Oct 2005 at the EARLEST for DV Lotto 2006 and go clear until Sept 2006. If you were to have a low case number for your region (in your case Europe), you may be called in Oct 2005, in which case you would have to come to the US and activate by April 2006. If your case number was at the tail end, you could be as late to interview as Sept 2006, in which case your deadline to activate would be March 2007. Does that make sense? You have 6 months to get your butt over here once they give you the green light. All first round "winners" are assigned a case number. Just because you "win" does NOT mean you get the greencard . Your case number has to be low enough to be called for an interview. they selected about 100,000 for processing and only 50,000 will get it. they do that because not everyone will really be qualified.

Hope that isn''t too confusing. I have researched the hell out of this program, and should you be selected, I''d be happy to direct you to a great forum to learn more about the Diversity Lottery.

Again, good luck!

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
With Bush in office, you could always just fly to Mexico and drive across the border. They don''t seem to give illegal aliens a hard time about marrying into citizenship nowadays either... In fact, by me thats how hordes of immigrants have become naturalized. But that is NY... not sure how it would be in other parts of the world.

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Ok, so say i apply and get through...how does the interview work when i am in ireland? or is there offices here. See i thought maybe you could apply for it and when you get it you can use it whenever, so if i apply for this one. Id have to go to usa within 6 months...and is that to actually live for good or work...like i could go for say few weeks and come back? ... see i am not sure wether id move there for good, becuz of the responsibilities at home. Brad is looking hard for visas to here as he wants to come here, having not such a big family to leave behind, it is a lot easier for him. I think ill check out how it would work to get his ass here instead of me going there. Although i may go ahead and try this diversity lotto. You think because my name is Caroline Kennedy and i am irish i would be picked quicker? hahaha...IF ONLY!!!

I think id cry too if brad said he had gotten a visa to come here!
19.gif

Caroline
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
the interview would be at the US consulate in your country. After coming to the US to activate your card, you could leave again for up to 6 months without worrying about re-entry. Or you could apply for a leave of absence for a couple of years (a reentry permit). You would use Brad''s address as your US address so he could receive your greencard, social security number, etc.

Hey, I''d love to go move to Ireland too. It has been my top 3 favorite countries from the ones I have been to so far. Perhaps Brad can find a way.

Just because you win doesn''t mean you have to go through with it. You can decide at the time to turn in your final paperwork. There will be also money to pay at the time for the greencard fees, medical exams, etc. However, I would imagine that most people go through with it...it''s hard to turn away something that so few people win!

Have a great day!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
hi again Caroline

you still haven''t PM''d me back. every time I read your posts I realise I have so much to share. I''ve been through the whole green card process. It takes a long while to complete. I also cannot stress enough that you SHOULD NOT think of coming here illegally. When I first came over there were tonnes of ''undocumented'' folk from home here but they have all but disappeared, it''s impossible to get any decent job, you''ll have no health insurance etc. and they have really cracked down since Sept. 11th.
for example:
just today a good friend rang to tell me of her friend (whom I met once at a party at her house) who is expecting her first baby with her hubby. he got in a car crash - thankfully was okay - but the police (obviously) came to the crash, he had no papers. he is in jail right now, waiting to be deported. he was told he''d be sent back before January 1st but they are still just holding him. they have now said it could be two months or more. it''s a legal limbo if you are here in that kind of situation. you are illegal and therefore have no rights. everything is a momental (and expensive) if things reach this point. his wife is already arranging to try to sort out everything and go home herself. they cannot even think of coming back. minimum ban on a passport is ten years and it goes up from there.

I am not being a downer here - I think it''s fantastic that you are in love .......... but I think you need to think of a LOT of serious issues that are part and parcel of coming here. One other thing - Louisianna has ENORMOUS insects ....... ikky ! and it''s soooo damn hot in summer (was there once in July - completely brutal). Adjusting the to US was tough for me but at least I came to a big city with a diverse population and culture - I could not even imagine coming here and starting out in the deep south. (please if anyone is reading here and is from the south, I am not being negative about your homeplace, I actually had a great time there, I''m merely saying that would be a HUGE transition, even more so than just the move to the States).

I wish you lots of luck Caroline ........

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Caroline,

My husband and I met in early 1997 in an internet chat room. I was not looking for a boyfriend, I was just thrilled to be talking to people. I am South African so it was a big thrill to be talking to Americans (mostly) with one or two other international people thrown in. We talked online and once or twice on the phone for about 8 months as just friends. In August we decided that we wanted to date each other and in March of 1998 I came to the US to meet him. We had talked of marriage, but real life can be different so we wanted to see if we were compatible in real life. In October of 1998 I moved here permanently and in November of 1998 we got married. We are still happily married so I say "Bah!" to all the nay-sayers who say that an internet relationship will never work. I did not come to the US with a fiance visa. I came on my Italian passport which does not need a visa to enter the United States and then I stayed. We had a great lawyer do the immigration paperwork and on December 15th 2004 I became a US Citizen. I do not know how September 11th has affected immigration. Anyway, that''s my happy story : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

Croí

Shiny_Rock
Bridget -

Great story - you were lucky with the Italian passport ! Very good to hear everything worked out so well. I love the happy-ending stories !
1.gif

I know plenty of e-romance stories and some flourished into full-blown relationships and marriage and happily-ever-after and some did not. That is just the way of things. You cannot know until you try. I think I sound harsh in my last post but I didn''t mean to. It''s just I wish I had someone to warn me of all the pitfalls and things I''d find hard when I first came here (at 19, your age Caroline). Though I was happy and ''in love'' at the time, I was sooo homesick and found everything so different and really really difficult for a long time. Got taken advantage of too. I can''t help raining ''think ! think !'' on you because I wish I had thought more before launching off on my path.
Everyone is different though so perhaps you''ll have better luck than I did !

I''m happy here now and with someone who is truly my love for this lifetime but America will never truly be ''home'' and I really do spend all my time off and most of my money on trips back - but he''s from here, his world is here and my world - well, my world is him ...........

just all points to consider ... that''s all

irishcaroline

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, It is a week today until Brad comes over. He comes on saturday 15th! aghhhhhh i am so nervous about this ring, i just dont know what way i am gonna react when i see it! Although i have already told him no, i hope he doesnt try for a purposal way of showing me it! I love him so much but its just bad timing for such a thing!

Bridget: your wee story is amazing, thats the kinda thing i wanna hear! Gives me so much Inspiration, some people especially family members would really let lose about how they dont really agree with over the internet relationships etc and its just so bloody great to read about other peoples stories!!! Thank you...

Croi: Sorry i havent replied lately, i had an exam on friday and have been studying for it last week...it went well btw! lol....anyways i think you being irish and having moved to usa for a guy etc, you have a lot to share with me and i would love to hear all about your experiences! So sorry to hear about that guy with no papers and in the car crash over there...im sure they are gutted to have to leave usa. I would never go there being illegal anyways! You can PM me Croi.

TravelingGal: I DIDNT DO IT!!!!!! i never replied in time for that visa!!!!! DAMN!!! it went completely went outta my mind, all day i was thinking "right i have to take this photo" and then it just went and i forgot and missed the deadline! ..agh..maybe it was meant to happen, as i dont think i could go to usa in 2007 anyways. hopefully i can apply next year! (FINGERS CROSSED).

Nick: You are completely right about those illegal people, but i would be toooooo scared to drive across the boarder from mexico...that would be nuts!!! lol

I wanna post pictures on here but i can never get it working...anybody have an idea?

Caroline
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results