shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Thoughts on a Proposal

atx33

Rough_Rock
I am looking to propose this Saturday to my Girlfriend of 2.5 years. I bought a great diamiond from Brian Gavin and sent it off to Tacori to be made. I just got the ring back (took about 5 weeks), but to throw her off we have been looking at rings still ;-)

Anyway, we are both pretty laid back people that enjoy doing things outdoors so I decided on going out for a picnic. I didnt want to surprise her, cause she would know whats up right away. So I suggested to have a nice peaceful day (been extrememly busy lately on the weekends) and take the dogs out to a park and bring a picnic. Of course she said sure. So I found this nice park that nobody knows about that has some waterfalls and backs up to a lake. From what I can tell, we could possibly be the only ones there its that peaceful. I was planning on asking after we are done eating, but havent decided yet.

I guess I am curious how this sounds? I know she really isnt looking for anything flashy, she told me a while back she always thought of me proposing at the house while we were being lazy and watching a movie. Is this to laid back though?

Also, I am curious about food suggestions? I love to cook, and I cook for us almost every night of the week. I am just trying to do something different, that works for a picnic. So any menu suggestions or recipes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think you both seem like laid back individuals, and that will be a really sweet and memorable proposal.

I always love chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert on picnics. As for food...hmm...it''s not really cooking, but I love fresh baguette sandwiches, with brie, ham and dijon mustard or just brie and apple or other combinations of flavours you both enjoy.

A friend of mine got engaged a few months ago, and this is how her fiancee proposed:
- went to a nice picnic spot
- baked brownies, and individually wrapped them in tinfoil
- had wrapped the ring box (same size as the brownie squares) in tinfoil as well
- gave her a brownie to eat, then another one (the ring box) and he proposed :)
Simple, cute and memorable.

atx33

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice.

Everything went very well. The weather was awesome and the park next to the lake was peaceful. For the food I brought cheese and crackers, fresh chopped fruit salad and made tuna nicoise sandwiches on a french baguette. Then for a desert a cupcake.

Anyway we were out there for a few hours and we started walking around. Once we got to the really nice spot I turned and started to get down on one knee she busted out crying and just hugged me. I couldnt even get off my little speech I had planned. So I just told he I loved her and asked her to be my wife and she said yes and just kept crying. That went on for a few minutes, me hugging her while she was crying. Funny thing is she didnt even go after the ring right away, i was holding it the entire time. Now though, she wont even take it off.

She said she had a feeling it was coming and even told her sister that earlier that day. She said she can read me like a book. I did my best to hide it and be a surprise, but oh well. It was still nice anyway.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats that sounds lovely. You should post pics of the ring on SMTB if you haven''t already. It sounds stunning.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

I love your proposal. So sweet and wonderful.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 11:27:46 AM
Author: atx33

Once we got to the really nice spot I turned and started to get down on one knee she busted out crying and just hugged me. I couldnt even get off my little speech I had planned. So I just told he I loved her and asked her to be my wife and she said yes and just kept crying.
That''s awesome. Nice job. Congratulations to you both!

Treefrog

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results