shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for something...unique

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I read quickly through the proposal ideas, since there are so many, I want to make the proposal to be something that is unique and not the hide the ring in the champagne glass or dessert?

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
That is tough one!
You may want to tie in the proposal to something that you like to do such as going to some sporting event. Depending on the pull and how hard you want to research, sometimes the different sports teams would embrace the proposal.
Also, do you want to include any family members to be a part of this special day. Try and remember if she has told you about an interesting proposal that she heard about and then put your own spin on it.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
How about taking a pic of a diamond, adding "Will you marry me?" and put it on an iPod. Then take her ring shopping?

findarock

Shiny_Rock
good ideas, I appreciate the feedback.
I was thinking something really special. I like the ball park proposal, I might be able to get that to happen.

I was also thinking about doing a trip, but here is my question. I am afraid that when we check in that security will find the ring(once I buy it!:)
Suggestions to remedy this potential problem?

findarock

Shiny_Rock
Any other "great ideas" for taking the plunge!
33.gif

I think I am starting to have an anxiety attack, since it is getting closer by the day.
Appreciate the help!
36.gif

Chasez13

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone you have to excuse me but this is my fisrt time being on an responding to the site or even a forum for that matter.... But i can completely relate to this subject... The ball park is a great idea an so is the ipod But everyone dose the ball park its seems like... What about a hockey game bringing her out on the ice infront of your friends an family an thousands of fan cheering... the lighting is perfect also when you present her the Rock....

ff

Shiny_Rock
Findarock,

if you want it to be something unique and memorable, look for something that has to do with things you both, and especially she, likes. If you give the group a better idea of both of yours hobbies, passions, etc., I''m sure more personal ideas can be generated.

Good luck!
21.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
PLEASE make sure she is ok with a public proposal before you do any type of ball park or hockey game type thing. Putting a girl on a spot like that is not always the best idea unless you know she is ok with it.

Marisa

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
The most important things to keep in mind as you create your strategy is what do you have in common?
Are you both outgoing? or are you like me and my husband where I am a little shy and my husband is the life of the party.
--although you may think that your idea of having you both as the center of attention. She may be scared to death if this happened to her and if she was put in that situation
--Another thing to think about is talk to her in a round about way to get a better feeling for what her thought were about when and how her friends had their proposals
--In addition if you may want to talk to some of the females you know, friends, family, sister-in-laws etc
good luck and let us know how that goes!

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
I second the treasure hunt! A bunch of us housemates did that for my roommate''s birthday in college. She''d find an easter egg, open it to find a clue in it that said something like "tick tock, tick tock." Then she''d head over to the clock above the fireplace, find another egg taped to the clock and pull out another clue. This went on for perhaps 5 eggs. When she opened the last egg, she was surprised to find a silver bracelet.

We made some of the clues pretty dificult and hid the eggs in little crevices. She was a bit frustrated at times. So make sure your girl has patience if you do this.
41.gif

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
I love the treasure hunt idea.

Some of the other women in your life can help you set that up! So you can have it waiting for her when you come back from dinner, or whatever?

findarock

Shiny_Rock
Trelala/all,
I really like the Treasure hunt idea. She likes doing those kind of things. A couple of years ago, some of her friends at the office did a scavenger hunt.
Appreciate it!!

Any other thoughts?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
My proposal was sports related, along the lines of the previous post - hockey hall of fame , infront of the Stanely Cup - we are big NJ Devils fans, our firsst few dates were hockey games and the Devs won the cup that year - what better way to wrap it all up than my hubby dropping on one knee in front of Lord Stanley?

I would take something special that the 2 of you have - an inside joke, a first date palce, something liek that, and go with it. That way it''s REALLy personal.

Good luck!!

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I am definately going to incoporate something that we have in common, We do so many special things together that it will be tough to get specific, but I will give it some thought and then come back to you on my ideas and get some more opinions of how to carry out my big surprise.

thanks again and keep those ideas/suggestions coming!!

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if anyone said this already but how about....writing a poem of how you feel about her and how your relationship is progressing....etc and in the end put something like I have a question to ask u or something along those lines, put in a frame then one night give it to her as a gift read it both together and before she finishes reading it, get the ring and when she finishes get down on your knees and speak away.

findarock

Shiny_Rock
diamonds that is a great idea, I may be clueless in buying her the engagement ring, I am much more skilled in writing her poetry, I think I will have to find a way to add that into my master plan.
Thanks, any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results