shape
carat
color
clarity

IDEA? letting the anticipation of the certain proposal to do its work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
i have not yet [proposed and im not sure as to when i will do it but thinking preliminarily ive thought of contacting her job and and secretly getting her the day off (most likely a friday)wake her up with breakfast in bed at her house french toast her fav. then give her a schedule for the day maybe a spa treatment hair fixins yadda and maybe a gift card to get a nice new dress for the evening. oh cant forget lunch plans with her closests to babble and go goofy about whats goin on. and have a time to be ready by fo ra pick up and off to a romantic dinner at some restaurant and thats as far as i have got.... any thoughts ideas hate mail?

p.s. im not sure if i want the engagement to be completely private so that the whole world must rely on the story she tells them about the proposal and thus something only her and i witnessed. OR making it a public proposal so that all eyes are on her.

thoughts????

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You will receive many comments on the private/public thing. Mainly be sure she is comfortable with that situation. Is her personality an outgoing one? Will this be a first for her...being put on stage so to speak?

Your comment about having all eyes on her...will come in due time if you are planning a wedding. We female type know that on the wedding day our hair makeup and dress will all fall into place with months of planning. Eyes cameras videos are expected then. The most emotional point in her life...up to this point will more than likely be accepting a proposal. While some want the world to be a part of it...others shutter to think of it. She will refrain from a natural reaction as she knows others are watching.

Unless of course you are proposing to an actress, musician, etc ...fully equipped to handle such a thing. If it were me, As soon as I realized what was happening I would want to run into the nearest cave. And I am used to being in front of people.

Just a few thoughts. It is great that you are going to such extremes to find what is perfect. Just wanted you to take those things in consideration.

DKS

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
THANKS DKS I APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTS! I THINK I WILL KEEP IT A PRIVATE PROPOSAL BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WHOLE ANTICIPATION BIT? THE FACT THAT SHE WOULD HAVE TO KNOW THAT ONCE THE DAY BEGAN THAT "TODAY" IS THE DAY OF PROPOSAL. IM STUCK BETWEEN WONDERING IF THE SHEER SHOCK WOULD BE BETTER THAN THE ANTICIPATION THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE DAY "KNOWING" WHAT MUST BE COMING THAT EVENING. WOULDNT SHE BEING THE RIGHT GURL AND ALL BE ABOUT READY TO PULL HER OWN HAIR OUT WAITING TO SEE ME DROP TO ONE KNEE?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ooops you are right. I only commented on you PS instead of your post.

You know I don''t know how to answer you. The part I don''t understand is ARE you wanting to surprise her...or are you digging the idea that she will know all day? I think you obviously have a wise woman here. I am such a knucklehead I would just think you finally decided to treat me like you should always! (or feeling guilty for a boo-boo you committed) I am not sharp enough that I would see it coming.

So give us more insight to what you are trying to accomplish. A diabolical
2.gif
cunning precise planned set up or a sneaky surprise?

DKS

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
i btw am a very sweet man even if i say so myself i do sweet surprise things for her all the time its what makes me tick
31.gif
i would not tell her that today is proposal day but i would assume that she would have to think it and thus the anxiousness would do all the work a big surprise would do and i think more even. but even if the idea never entered her head then i would have a perfect surprise on my hands i cant see that i could lose either way. she would have a surprise day off filled with pampering and shopping lunch with bffs and get ready and off to a romantic dinner with me. and the whole time she cant wait for the proposal and it drives her crazy waiting for it or she has no clue and i surprise her all together.
36.gif
i would be cool either way. hope that helps thoughts plz and thanks dks!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! I was out of town this weekend and saw where you posted on my thread! I am not in Winston. I am in a small town 1 1/2 hours (west or SW) from there. And I think your career plans sound wonderful! We do indeed have some common interests
12.gif
!

As far as the proposal goes, I think the all day thing would give it away and spoil the surprise. I''d try to arrange a special dinner or trip on a weekend and then surprise her. I love the ring you are trying to find! I hope you are able to see a sample! My anniversary ring came from Karat Patch. It is a very nice store!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I am sure you are a very sweet man, if I do say so MYSELF! (he he).

I think your planning and thoughtfulness is great! Fabtabulous! The thing is...I am not following the reason for your post. Are you asking us IF you SHOULD do it this way...or are you telling us you are and for us to comment on the anticipation of killing her softly? And if we think as ladies that the torture is acceptable??? (we are talking about torture from a very sweet man...from his own description...
2.gif
)

DKS

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
thanks dks and ds i appreciate yalls replies
36.gif
ds thank you very much for your advise on the karat patch i have heard good things of that place
31.gif
i think i may check it out. dks my post was a little of both i was not dead set on proposing in this fashion so i wanted to know some female advice so thank you. i may need to change things up. it must be perfect bc she is to me. i am the luckiest man alive and i want to shock her socks off. she has no idea that im getting her a tacori which is her dream and a family joke for years knowing she would never get one, oh but wait it is coming
27.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She will be blown away by that ring! I will tell you that Karat Patch has someone that does custom work, and they could also make you a ring similar to that for less money. But if Tacori is really her dream ring, I think you are very wise to get it! I really admire the guys whose only desire is to make the girl they love happy! I think those marriages will be off to a much better start!

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU VERY MUCH DIAMOND SEEKER I APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH AND THE TACORI IS HER DREAM. APPARENTLY SHE GREW UP PICKING ABOUT A PARTICULAR TACORI THAT SHE SAW FREQUENTLY ON A ROADSIDE BILLBOARD AS BEIGN HER RING AND THUS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE JOKE OF THE FAMILY. THE BEST PART IS THAT SHE HASNT WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE RING WILL LOOK LIKE AND SHE THINKS SHE DOES BC I TOOK HER TO THE MALL THE OTHER DAY AFTER FAKING ABOUT BEING UPSET THAT I COULD NEVER GET HER A TACORI AND THUS NEEDED HER TO COME TO THE MALL AND HELP GIVE ME IDEAS OTHER THAN TACORI (NOT THAT SHE REALLY THOUGHT THE TACORI WAS A REAL POSSIBLE OPTION ANYWAYS) SO NOW I HAVE COMPLETELY THROWN HER. NOW SHE THINKS IT WILL BE ANOTHER RING BUT INFACT IT IS A TACORI BUT IT ISNT EVEN THE ONE SHE THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN.
36.gif
HER SISTER SAW IT YESTERDAY AND SAID IT WAS GORGEOUS I HOPE SHE IS THRILLED TO DEATH
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results