shape
carat
color
clarity

I asked, and I''''m glad I did!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

popthebigone

Rough_Rock
Well, I posted earlier that I didn''t think my GF''s dad would care one way or another if I asked him. I think I was wrong. Earlier this week I had to make arrangements with her mom to take care of the dog for our special night. I made sure not to tell her mom a thing, although I knew she had her suspicions. I just told her I was taking her daughter somewhere special for the night. Well, when I called my GF''s dad today, he said, "Hey, I''ve been waiting all week for this call!" I''m really glad I asked now as I would have felt bad afterwards if I knew he was expecting the call.

So folks, I say when in doubt, always ask. When I called him I started the conversation off with, "Would you call me crazy if I said I wanted to marry the spitting image of your wife?" He just laughed. You have to know their relationship to get it. They love each other to death, but she gives him hell on a daily basis and her daughter (my GF) inherited the same stubborn attitude.
38.gif
I have a special way of dealing with that though. It''s called submission!
25.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aww, well done! my bf definitely plans to ask my parents before he asks me too. not necessary, but i think the parents like to feel involved
1.gif

tba

Rough_Rock
I''m on the phone with my boyfriend right now as he is in the car driving to my parents house to ask them!!!!!!!! It almost doesn''t seem real!!!
1.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I''m so glad that you asked him and that it went well! I agree with you - it''s generally better to err on the side of respectfulness and ask (if not for permission, than at least for a blessing). So now you just have to propose!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
It''s a nice gesture. It shows respect. I think it is a rare circumstance where it is unwanted. And, I think one would have a clear indication of such circumstance. I''m glad you had that special moment. Funny, the way you worded it. "Spitfire" comes to mind. Submission - too funny. You are destined to a life like my hubby.
28.gif
9.gif
Though, he says it makes life far more interesting. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results