shape
carat
color
clarity

How to get my girlfriend to the "spot" without her knowing??

Cowboys4Life

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I am new to this site, but I would love anyone's input. I am going to propose to my girlfriend somewhat soon and I think I have a great idea. Question is, how do I get her to the place I am wanting to propose without her knowing what's going on? She has made it very clear that she wants it to be a total surprise. The problem with my idea is that the spot is not somewhere we regularly go to on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Also, I am flying in her 2 best friends for that weekend; would it be a better idea to have them surprise her when she gets home from work and have them blindfold her and drive her to the place where I would be waiting? BUT, she would definitely know what was going on if I chose that route. ANY ideas or advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: How to get my girlfriend to the "spot" without her knowi

No ideas here. Unless she's totally oblivious she's likely to catch on at some point. But I don't think that ruins the surprise necessarily. She still wouldn't know the day you plan to propose until it's that day. Is it someplace you can make a day of? Or propose before hand and take her there to celebrate?

Cowboys4Life

Rough_Rock

Rhea, thank you for the response!

I think I am just going to drive her myself. I am going to propose on my birthday, so I dont think she will know what is going on until about 5 minutes before I ask the question, which is great! I am going to make up something about where I want to go to dinner for my birthday, which will help her not realize what is going on. For those who are interested or would like to know my idea, just ask I will gladly share.

Vermontsparrow

Rough_Rock

I was going to suggest a red herring as the best way to distract her--she'll get suspicious, but then if you presented her flown-in friends as the "real surprise" (instead of a proposal), then she'll really be thrown off. Perhaps you've already encountered this from other areas, but the REALLY important things to prepare for concerning a proposal are these: have you and she talked about marriage? Are you sure she'll say yes? And of course (since this is Pricescope), have you gotten the ring and what's it like??
Good luck!

Cowboys4Life

Rough_Rock

Very good question. But yes, we have both talked about marriage and we are ready for this next step in our lives. I also recently received her fathers, as well as mothers, blessing to marry their daughter. They will be flying in for that weekend to surprise her, along with other close family members and friends.

I don't want to post pictures of the ring just in case she is on this site and I don't want her to see it haha.

The setting is vintage, with a total of 1.25 carats in the setting itself and as for the center stone; it is a 1.83 round brilliant, E color, VVS2 clarity, and excellent cut.

See attached picture for the proposal spot.

kt.jpeg

thadanim

Rough_Rock

Cowboys4Life|1388967710|3587058 said:
For those who are interested or would like to know my idea, just ask I will gladly share.

Cowboys4Life go on let's here your exciting proposal. Good luck!!

Cowboys4Life

Rough_Rock

I have decided that I will tell my girlfriend I want to go to a hockey game for that night. We live close enough so that we can walk to the game from our house. There is a place on the way that overlooks the park (see the picture above) and this is where I am going to propose. I am going to place lanterns/rose petals on the walkway leading to the spot. I am going to have a photographer hiding in the bushes, which I am very excited about as I'm sure we will both be so excited that we won't remember every expression or moment. After the proposal I am going to drive to my parents house, where there will be another surprise waiting for her; her family and best friends, who live out of town, and other family members and close friends will be waiting for us.

I know this idea is nothing extravagant, but it is something that we will both remember for the rest of our lives and that spot where I propose will always be ours. I just hope the weather cooperates for me and that the date would hurry up!!

I hope you all like my idea!

thadanim

Rough_Rock

Cowboys4Life|1391022937|3603539 said:
I have decided that I will tell my girlfriend I want to go to a hockey game for that night. We live close enough so that we can walk to the game from our house. There is a place on the way that overlooks the park (see the picture above) and this is where I am going to propose. I am going to place lanterns/rose petals on the walkway leading to the spot. I am going to have a photographer hiding in the bushes, which I am very excited about as I'm sure we will both be so excited that we won't remember every expression or moment. After the proposal I am going to drive to my parents house, where there will be another surprise waiting for her; her family and best friends, who live out of town, and other family members and close friends will be waiting for us.

I know this idea is nothing extravagant, but it is something that we will both remember for the rest of our lives and that spot where I propose will always be ours. I just hope the weather cooperates for me and that the date would hurry up!!

I hope you all like my idea!

Excellent !! I take it you are waiting for a special date. I am sure the weather Gods will be gentle for such an event. I am sure she will love everything you are doing to make it special. Best of luck to you both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results