shape
carat
color
clarity

How to get in touch is sports players re: proposal idea

cs_ms_916

Rough_Rock
So... planning on proposing to my Girlfriend in late May. In Mexico, at a really nice resort, with a candle light dinner etc. To make it unique and personalized I had this crazy idea... and not sure if it's going to be possible. But I'm up for the challenge of trying to make it happen. Her and I have bonded over sports (specifically basketball and baseball) and I had this idea that I would try to get all of her favorite players (or at least one or two of them) to record a 10-15 second video that I would play on an iPad right before I propose. Something along the lines of "Hi (girlfriend), this is (player)... your boyfriend has something to ask you..."

So... our local basketball team I have covered. Been a season ticket holder for 5 years and have plenty of contacts I'm already working and it seems promising. But her favorite team is the Dallas Mavs and I have absolutely zero contacts with. As well has for baseball, The SF Giants, again no contacts. I don't even know where to start. I sent emails to the general email addresses but never heard back. Anyone have any ideas for where I should start with this? Not sure if I should be contacting the promotions departments, or marketing, or front office? Anyone else ever try to pull something like this off?

I've also just thought of trying to stake out games or practices to try to catch players and ask them to record something real quick. I can do this with the Giants since it's relatively local but not the Mavs.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do her favourite players have social media? Ie twitter, instagram, facebook? You could try contacting them through there - maybe with a fake/new account if she follows them. You'd have to make it sound pretty lucrative ie 'Joe, please help me propose to my girlfriend!' so they actually take notice, which is why you'd need a fake account so she wouldn't be able to know it was you.

You could also try fan mail, or if you can find out who their agent/PR is (most sports guys have their own agent separate from the team) he/she might be able to pass along the msg.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results