shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this sound...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ProjectVala

Rough_Rock
Read this site a little bit so far but LOVE the wiki, great work as I now fully understand diamonds thank you :)

Anyway, I have formulated a nice little plan in my head and just wanted to put it out there to get some opinions and to see if anyone had other improvements etc. My unsuspecting girlfriends and I''s 5th year anniversary is coming up soon and this is when I''m planning on proposing mainly so as to make her extra surprised as she''ll think everything is for the anniversary :D

It will be a Thursday and hence, she will be at work so this is what I''ve got in store:

1. Over the course of the day turn up to her works reception several times and "deliver" 4 separate bunches of red roses. The first will have 5 roses, the second will have 4, the third 3 and the forth will only have 2. Each on of them will have a not saying how much I love her written on it. By the end of it all she''ll have roses basically all over her desk at work and I''m sure she will be the envy of all the woman at her work at that point.
2. Next at around 3:30-4pm I''ll get into her car in the car parking lot (with the spare car key from home) and COVER the whole inside of the car with as many red rose petals as I can.
3. She comes out and hops into her car and drives home surrounded by roses.
4. When she gets home I''m waiting with her final rose, a single rose with another note on it saying how much I lover but with a tiny bit on the end reading "For one last surprise read the second word of all 5 cards" which will make up something like "Dearest ______, be mine forever" at which point I''ll pull out the ring of the hour and propose.

I''ve had a few different plans but this one seems very extravagant, but still very controllable and with very few things that could go wrong which really makes me think it''s a winner :) What do you all think?

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like it would be an exciting day for her! Just wanted to mention some issues that popped into my mind as I read it:

1. What makes you think she''s not going to call you as soon as she gets those roses? What are you going to tell her? Will you even answer the phone? I know the first thing I''d do is call you(er, I mean my hypothetical bf, of course)!

2. Why would she go straight home? What if she doesn''t?

3. As for the rose petals in the car, as long as you leave a note promising to clean up the rose petals, and don''t leave any in the driver''s seat, then sure.

I do love the Xth letter idea! Good luck to you and your FI-to-be!
2.gif

ProjectVala

Rough_Rock
1. What makes you think she''s not going to call you as soon as she gets those roses? What are you going to tell her?
Oh I have no doubt she''ll call/text/chat me as soon as she gets the first, second, third and forth bunch of roses but I''ll be telling her it''s all for our anniversary :)

2. Why would she go straight home? What if she doesn''t?
We live together and it''s a Thursday. She isn''t the type of person to not go straight home without telling me in advance that "she''s going to a friends place" or whatever. Besides, it''ll be our anniversary, thus I''m sure she''ll want to come straight home and spend as much of it with me as possible.

3. As for the rose petals in the car, as long as you leave a note promising to clean up the rose petals, and don''t leave any in the driver''s seat, then sure.
A note to say I''ll clean them up, good idea! :)

Does anyone else have anything they think might be a problem? I usually think of most things but I want to make sure I REALLY don''t forget anything for this big occasion :)

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
I think this is really sweet! The only issue I had when reading it is getting so many flowers at work. I''m a pretty private person and I''d love getting one flower delivery, but the attention that 4 deliveries would attract would make me uncomfortable. Just something to think about--you know her and how she''d react to that--some women would absolutely love that much attention, I''m sure!

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
PV- What a romantic proposal plan!! I wanted to add my couple of cents.

I''d second the flowers at work comment.. she might be shy about receiving flowers at work (but then again, she might not!- you know her better than anyone)

I don''t think an "I''ll clean this up, I promise" note in the car with the rose petals is necessary unless she''s a total neat freak.. as long as you actually DO clean it up afterwards, it''s fine. Personally, I''d get into a car filled with rose petals and swoon- not immediately think, "Ugh, who''s going to clean up this mess!?!?"

And the note idea, while cute.. might not work. When my boyfriend sends me flowers at work, I usually put the note away in my desk and keep the flowers there. Maybe your girlfriend is different, but I know there''s a pretty slim chance any/all of the notes would make it home with me- most likely I''d combine all of the flowers into one vase, keep them at work, and leave the notes in my desk. The "nth word on each note", while romantic in theory, seems like it might be a little convoluted. She''s going to have to go through all of the notes to figure out what you''re asking? Writing little notes with each set of flowers is cute, but I don''t know about matching up the words to form your proposal.. If I were you, I''d skip that part and just ask her :)

If you think there''s a chance she''d call and say that she''s going out for drinks with a friend after work (probably no way that would happen after she gets into the car full of rose petals
30.gif
), just tell her you''re going to cook her dinner/go out/whatever for your anniversary.

Whew, couple of cents turned out to be a couple of dollars- sorry!!

ProjectVala

Rough_Rock
I''m a pretty private person and I''d love getting one flower delivery, but the attention that 4 deliveries would attract would make me uncomfortable.
Well she is a bit shy but she knows all the people at her work very well and is quite comfy with them so I don''t think it''ll be a problem. She will no doubt get a bit embarrassed because of all the attention on her but I''ve done similar stuff before and she''s always loved it. What girl wouldn''t :razz:

Personally, I''d get into a car filled with rose petals and swoon- not immediately think, "Ugh, who''s going to clean up this mess!?!?"
Yup, that''s what she''d do too :) She''s not really what you''d call a "neat freak". If anything, I''m the neat freak of the two but I just prefer to call it "being organised" :D

When my boyfriend sends me flowers at work, I usually put the note away in my desk and keep the flowers there. Maybe your girlfriend is different, but I know there''s a pretty slim chance any/all of the notes would make it home with me- most likely I''d combine all of the flowers into one vase, keep them at work, and leave the notes in my desk. The "nth word on each note", while romantic in theory, seems like it might be a little convoluted. She''s going to have to go through all of the notes to figure out what you''re asking? Writing little notes with each set of flowers is cute, but I don''t know about matching up the words to form your proposal.. If I were you, I''d skip that part and just ask her :)
Hmmm.. well I can pretty much 100% guarantee that the flowers will come home with her. People steal your chair regularly at her work (don''t ask) so there''s no way in hell she''d leave them there, the cleaner would probably throw them out! Also, I''ve sent her flowers to work a few times before and she''s always brought them straight home.

As for the notes I''m about 99% sure she''ll bring them home as well. As above, her work is pretty crap with things "left around" (their kitchen doesn''t even have any forks as they''ve all been stolen!) so that''s always a strong reason for her to take them home plus she''s a scrap booking type of gal so I know she''ll really want them for "memories sake".

But I might hint/advise to her before she leaves work to "make sure she takes everything home" just to be sure :)

Keep them coming though everyone, it''s really good to have everyone throw out the various things that might happen during my plans.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results