shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s my new idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GregUofMN

Rough_Rock
I'm slightly modifying my "boathouse idea" to make it more romantic than funny/stupid. I want her to be able to tell the story of how we got engaged without being too embarrased.

I just went down to check out the boathouse (which is just off of the Mississippi River) after a few years of not being on the team. Well, it's spring break here at the UofMN and therefore the crew team is down in Texas so the boathouse is locked so I won't be able to get in. However, I didn't remember the boathouse being in such shambles as well as the area around it is kind of like a construction site. (The Minnesota's men's team is club, so we don't have varsity funds for the upkeep.) Keep this in mind.

Instead of the idea of pullling my pants down (see previous Proposal Idea thread), I was thinking of decorating the backside of the boathouse with white x-mas lights (I'd use candles, but that might not be the safest thing with some of those old wooden boats) and carpet the ground with white rose pedals. However, there isn't any powersource so I'm going to have to figure out what to plug the lights into (any ideas???). I was going to do this at dusk so it would be fairly dark out. I figure that we could drive down there--I'll convince her that they put an addition onto the back--and I'll plug in the lights and propose.

But picture this idea similar to the episode of Friends were Ross and Emily go to their church in England where they were going to get married and it's half torn down. But Ross convinces her once he cleans it up and flips on some x-mas lights.

Then, since it's kind of cold up here still, I was going to have a picnic dinner in the trunk of the car that we could eat while being under the x-mas lights staring across the river at downtown Minneapolis.

How does this sound???

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
It certainly sounds like you've put a lot of thoughts in to it. If your GF is the kind of person that likes rose petals and such, then I'm sure she'll really like this. I just don't know how you're going to manage a power source for the lights. Let us know how it goes!

GregUofMN

Rough_Rock
I might skip the rose pedal thing because it's snowing tonight... not a lot, but a little... therefore, the pedals might get soggy and muddy and just be more of mess than anything else.

I've been thinking about this for so long and I want to make it as special as I can for both her and I.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Was there another special place for you guys? Like the place of your first date? I'm just throwing this out there - but sometimes someone wants to remember someplace the way it *was*. Sounds like the Boathouse isn't the best of places as it is now. And, since it's not open, probably uncomfortablely cold

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I think you may have to opt for plan B on this one. Or wait until the weather gets better.

Who would have thought there would be snow in March?!

Anyway...what's your plan B?

-Sarah

GregUofMN

Rough_Rock
VAgal13 wrote:
eah, I think you may have to opt for plan B on this one.  Or wait until the weather gets better.

Who would have thought there would be snow in March?!

Anyway...what's your plan B?

-Sarah

That WAS my plan B!?! However, I was talking to a couple friends of mine today and mentioned the idea on another message board and they all said that it sounded like a DeBeers commercial they had recently seen. I definetely don't want to copy a commercial... even though I haven't seen it! I'm all out of ideas, can anybody help me???

My girlfriend came over and is taking a nap. I want to propose to her so bad, I might just wake her up and propose! How does that sound???
2.gif

UGGGGGHHHH!!!! I'm all out of ideas! This proposal thing is gonna have the best of me.
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Ya know, at the end of the day, it's what you say & the sentiment behind it (and of course the ring!
wink2.gif
) that will be enough. Maybe you can find a little boat house (replica) - put two little people in there - the little man with his pants off. She will wonder what's up. And, say to her - "this is the day we met" substitute the little man with his pants down w/ a little man down on one knee - and say "this is the day I ask you to become my wife". ....just a thought.

Funny, for people who may *not* have read your initial thread, they really may wonder what up with the no pants. Good luck.

GregUofMN

Rough_Rock
Here's another idea...

Just about every night for the last few years, I have given her a back rub to help her fall asleep. Occasionally I give her a foot rub if she's had a rough/busy day at work (remember she's a nurse so she's constantly on her feet).

Well, since I'm so antsy to propose I think I might do it tonight. I think I might give her a foot rub and put the ring on her pinky toe and wait til she realizes it's there. Then I'll get on one knee and ask. Is this too simple? Is this too dumb? Has this been done in a commercial?

Anyone?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, Sounds like you're hyperventilating....step way from the proposal -- inhale deeply -- think calming thoughts. I think Fire&Ice's rendition of the boathouse proposal is really charming. But, if you are soooooo impatient to propose, can you prepare breakfast in bed for her? Surprise her with a tray of her favorite morning food and include the ring? Something simple like "I want to begin and end all my days with you" might to the trick.

Best of luck.

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Greg... I say that sounds like a wonderful idea! You're obviously dying to do it. If it feels like the right time, you shouldn't wait - I am a fan of the natural proposal
1.gif

Good luck!!!!!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results