shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with my idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybellies

Rough_Rock
I wanted to propose to my girlfriend by making a scrapbook or our time together (5 1/2 years!) and propose by using the last few pages to set it up.

The only problem is that if I do this, she may know its coming...
Shes not expecting it for atleast another 6 months but knows its gonna happen so I dont know the best way to present it to her without her thinking its coming.

I was thinking of just putting it out there and telling her that I was thinking of making her a scrapbook and then it seems like just a normal gift...

Any ideas???

I also wanted to do it somewhere romantic, like at a park, etc... not at home, which seems like it complicates the plan even more.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
hmm.. you could take her to a park, maybe one that is special to you two... and just present her with it there. Just say that you wanted to make something that would document the last 5 1/2 amazing years with her. If my boyfriend said it that way then I wouldn't think anything is up because it's just like a normal gift. If it's out of character for you to make something like that just say that you happened to be flipping the channels and came across a really romantic movie and you thought she'd love something romantic like that and it'd be extra special because you've never really done anything like that for her. Or you could just say you were in a really loving mood and decided to make it for her. Anything like that would work, at least in my opinion. Also, if you give it to her before the 6 months is up (I'm guessing 6 year anniversary) then she won't expect it since she doesn't think it's going to happen for another 6 months or so...

hmm, hoped this helped at least a little... i'll keep thinking!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the thing...most women who suspect a proposal is on the horizon tend to read too much into almost anything such as day trips, dinners at fancier resturants....it's almost like there's no way around it.

Here's my idea...

What if you suggested creating a scrapbook TOGETHER? Since it's about your journey as a couple, it would make sense to work on it together. She doesn't need to know you have already created the "final" pages of the album. If you can hold off on proposing right away, work on this project for a few nights together without reveling your secret. After a few nights of working together, tell her you wanted to add a few pages you worked on while she was out/at work/at school/wherever and then present her with the final pages asking her to marry you.

You can both continue to add pages to the scrapbook for as long as you are together. It could be a nice way to introduce a special project that just the two of you share together.

ETA: as far as location, I think if you were to try and keep this as normal as possible, home might be the best option. Otherwise if she has a favorite location you could probably present her with the "unabridged" version of the scrapbook at the location. If you don't want her to figure it out too quickly I would suggest having her be involved in the creation of the scrapbook if possible.

navyvet2006

Rough_Rock
37.gif
Well congrats on your soon to be engagement and your idea is really sweet. As a woman, I will tell you what will surprise me *wink* Here''s a few suggestions, if you want you can hold out for at least another month, maybe she won''t be in her "expecting" mood. You know how time passes some things tend to not be a main focus sometimes. Then leave little hints around the house leading to the Scrap Book and you can make the last page decorative with her favorite color and either your favorite photo of her or you two''s first photo taken together and have the ring taped (neatly) in the center of the page.

Make sure you follow her around the house as she puts the hints together (tease her, tell her whether she''s hot or cold and kiss her everytime she finds a clue). Then when she looks through it and gets to the last page, you pop the question while she is looking at the page, or when she sees it and turns around you confess your love and ask her to marry you.

Hope this Helps
Beaches and the restaurant you two had your first date in is always a great place to propose
GOOD LUCK

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
How about if you very carefully cut out the center of all the pages so that the box will sit neatly inside. You know, like in a western, with the gun in a bible! Decorate the pages like normal around the outside but in reverse time, with the present being the first page and when you met being the last page. Then just wrap it up as a gift to give to her at the perfect time. When she opens the first page, do the proposal, and then you can look at the book together while she weeps. He he.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 4:14:15 PM
Author: Alleyoop
How about if you very carefully cut out the center of all the pages so that the box will sit neatly inside. You know, like in a western, with the gun in a bible! Decorate the pages like normal around the outside but in reverse time, with the present being the first page and when you met being the last page. Then just wrap it up as a gift to give to her at the perfect time. When she opens the first page, do the proposal, and then you can look at the book together while she weeps. He he.
wow, that''s a great idea!! i know i would sure love that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results