shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with incorporating our dogs.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stubborn

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am new to the site. Looks like a great community.

Few things about us. We been together for 7 years, since we were 18 (not HS sweet hearts). She is a "churchy" person and belives in tradition. Me, i am completely opposite. SHe would have married me 7 years ago if i would have wanted to, but she is such a great person she said she would wait till i was ready. Well, i am ready (havent told her), and i got the ring.

I want to do something close to home, nothing fancy, because we just arent fancy people. We are down to earth and the simple things in life give us joy. Our two bulldogs are our babies, and i wanted to find a way to incoporate them into the proposal. I was thinking maybe on a saturday morning, make her breakfast in bed then have one of the puppies jump on the bed with the ring tied around her neck........ or maybe a romantic dinner after work, with roses fromt he door to the kitchen, and candles, ect. Then after dinner, have the puppy come out with the ring around her neck......... its so damn hard to please woman some times :) But she is defiantly worth this headache :)

can anyone give me some other ideas? I live in a cold climate state, and outdoor activities arent the best this time of year.

thanks in advance.....

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I like the breakfast in bed thing best. I like it because it will be more of a surprise. A path of rose petals to the kitchen will probably tip her off to your plan. Breakfast in bed might too, for that matter. Tying the ring around the dog''s neck sounds good to me too, but I don''t know much about dogs or their tolerance for such things. Is there the possibility that the dog ends up on the bed before breakfast dishes have been removed, or were you planning on keeping the dogs out until the breakfast part is over?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Gale gave me this idea with the rose petal trail thing!!!! So thanks Gale!!!

Instead of a trail of rose petals, you could make a trail of dog treats!!!! Just before she gets home from work, you could tie up the puppy at the front door (or garage door) on a leash, maybe with a note "from the dog" to help him follow the trail!! Lead the treats up to the bedroom or some distant room of the house, where you''ve set up candles everywhere, flowers, balloons, whatever she''d like, with you and the other dog in the middle of the room. Then you can do the speech thing and propose on one knee with your dogs with you!!! Ooooooooooh!!!!! That would be so cute!!!!

stubborn

Rough_Rock
i planned to keep the dogs out of the room until i picked the plated up to take them to the kitchen (which is when i would tie it to her and give her a treat to delay her a few sec for me to get back in the room).

As for the dog treats, ya our dogs are way to excited to see her after she gets home from work to care anything about treats.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
When were you planning on doing this? Next week, next month? Which do you think your girl would prefer? Another thing I like about the breakfast-in-bed one is that you two get to celebrate all day long! OK - I know the other way you get to celbrate all night long, but there''s something special about starting your day off with this special event in mind. There will be those that say things like, her hair is a mess, she''s got morning breath and all that stuff, but it''s really not about that.

On the other hand, JCDC''s idea is great. If the dog''s will do nothing but jump all over her, this can work in your favour - a distraction to allow you to get down on bended knee. Outfit one of your canine ladies with a big bright ribbon tied around her neck, and when your sweetie notices the ribbon, the bended knee thing swings into play. That dog treat trail idea is BRILLIANT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results