shape
carat
color
clarity

Ferris Wheel Proposal

missinglink83

Rough_Rock
I just proposed to my girlfriend over the labor day weekend and it was truly an amazing experience.

The plan was to recreate our first date from six years ago because of the special memories we had from that day.
We started out by going to the same Greek restaurant for lunch on the Santa Monica Promenade. As soon as we sat down for lunch, she said, "Isn't this the place we ate lunch on our first date?" I played dumb and replied, "You sure?"

We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the promenade and slowly made our way down to the beach. After a few hours on the beach, we went to a cafe to get out of the scorching sun and grab a few drinks. Out of nowhere, she says, "wouldn't it be great if we came back here in four years and did all the same stuff from our first date." This made my plan so much easier, since I didn't have to convince her. I told her that we should just do it today since we were already here. So, we went down to the pier and got on the ferris wheel.

As we reached the top, we could see the pacific ocean and the sunset. Behind us, we could see the Santa Monica mountains. One of the things we did on our first date was that we took a photo booth picture together. Prior to this day, I went to the pier by myself and took a photo of myself holding up a sign "Will" "You" "Marry" "Me?" in each snapshot.

I put the photos in a box and gave it to her. I told her that six years ago, when we were on the ferris wheel, that was where I first realized that I wanted to marry her. As she opened up the box and saw the photos, I dropped to one knee and had the ring out. She looked up and I told her that I love her and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. As tears quickly began trickling down, she said "Yes, of course."

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
OMG that's an amazing proposal, it gave me chills! Congrats to you. Any pictures of the ring or the box with the photobooth pictures?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results