shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement review, tips if you will...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lucky Kid

Rough_Rock
As some of you know I got engaged last week and wanted to share a few pointers:
1. If you look at a ring with her; then buy it with out her for a surprise, be sure to tell the Jewelers to have a cover story ready if she comes in to see it on her own.
2. If you are planning a surprise when she comes home be sure to tape light switches so a bright light doesn''t ruin the atmosphere.
3. Flowers are expensive, candles are cheap...
4. If you are getting rose pedals call ahead, I could only find one place in Milwaukee.
5. I gave her single rose to dry and save for the scrap book.
6. you may want to hid a camera to capture the moment for family to see
7. Get a couple of wedding magazines for her to look at later that night(got idea from here)
8. Set up a manicure for the day after so she can show off her ring.

I know there were a couple more but keeping the pending proposal a secret for a couple weeks was no easy tasks and I could have used all the help I could get...

Roy

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a very sweet and thorough list. Good thinkin.
1.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
That manicure idea is the best! I''ll try to "clue in" my SO hehe. Thanks for the list!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Love the tips, so tell me this it the light switch a ''coming from experience'' one?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Great post, the manicure is a fabulous touch!! Points for thoughtfulness!

Tressel

Rough_Rock
8. Set up a manicure for the day after so she can show off her ring.
So when I read through this I thought to myself, why would she want to show off her ring to the manacurist? So, I skipped this one. Next day I''m on the phone looking for a place to get her a manicure. I''m a simple guy and didnt realize that the manicure is so that she has beautiful hands while showing off the ring.

I read another list on here for if you have a surprise overnight stay that helped me out a lot. After proposing I had a nice hotel room reserved for us downtown. Here is another list to help with planning:
- Contact case, Solution and glasses
- comb, toothbrush and tooth paste
- New shirt and underwear for the next day
- Aspirn or similar incase you have too much champaigne
- Roses waiting (because candles are dangerous) and bag (other) to bring them home in

Your list really helped me out. Thanks again.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Luckykid! Those are great pointers! Now if I can only find a way to send this to the bf without it coming from meee!
21.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
That manicure tidbit is cracking me up! I know the ring is done, I know it must be coming soon, and I am furiously trying to plan my next nail appointment accordingly! Achh...the measures we all go through!
19.gif
Thanks for the great tips...I wish I could pass them on to my FF without him knowing it came from me, too!

AJ

Rough_Rock
COOL LIST!!!

I really like the manicure and the magazines...I will be in Vegas when I propose so maybe a massage and manicure for the day after and most def the magazines for her to view...(she probably has a bridal mag in her purse right now anyway..hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results