shape
carat
color
clarity

Eiffel Tower Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elevensies

Rough_Rock
Dear Pricescope Forum Members etc,
I''m going to be in Paris for a few days this summer and I want to propose to my girlfriend of six years at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Am I totally crazy? I keep having stress nightmares about the ring flying off into the abyss, or being lost in a scuffle as a crazy person tries to steal it. I also worry about what an awful cliché it might turn out to be. Thoughts? Comments? Thanks.

Rockout

Rough_Rock
You would not be the first and you won''t be the last one to do this I would imagine. Paris is in our future but I hope to be engaged by the time I get there otherwise I would likely do the same thing you are planning. Tons of people go up there everyday with rings on their fingers so I wouldn''t worry about the perverbial kr@zy person - they are all over the place.

I say go for it, it will be something you will both cherish forever!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DH proposed to me on top of the Eiffel Tower and I absolutely loved it. It was an amazing experience and I couldn''t imagine a better place to propose. I can''t look at a picture of the Eiffel Tower without remembering how amazing that night was. Anyway, I wouldn''t worry about anybody stealing it or it going over the edge (and I''m a clutz myeslf).

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Have you been up the Eiffel tower before? I find it somewhat unromantic actually, since it is dirty and always really crowded. I don''t think you will get any issues, but this is my opinion.
If it were me, I would go to the top of the Arc De Triumph at night. You get the lights of Paris, but not many people know about it, so it is much less crowded and in my opinion much more romantic.

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
+1 for Arc de Triumph. But if you choose the Eiffel Tower it will still be a really cool proposal. Actually the fact that you''re going to propose in Paris pretty much guarantees a wonderful proposal. Such an amazing and beautiful city! Felicitations!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Does she want a public proposal? Some girls would be horrified at the thought of it and some would totally love it. If she''s a shy person, maybe do it in a restaurant with a nice view of the Eiffel Tower?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 2:14:16 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
Have you been up the Eiffel tower before? I find it somewhat unromantic actually, since it is dirty and always really crowded. I don''t think you will get any issues, but this is my opinion.
If it were me, I would go to the top of the Arc De Triumph at night. You get the lights of Paris, but not many people know about it, so it is much less crowded and in my opinion much more romantic.
I agree.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Elevensies, I say, if you really want to do the Eiffel Tower, then do it! I''m sure the ring will be fine- just don''t get too nervous and start shaking...
28.gif
The Arc de Triomphe would also be lovely!!
36.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
yes the eiffel tower is so very touristy, i''d go for the arc or versailles instead, but try to pick a quiet time.

good luck!!

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if you''ll be back to read this but I''ll leave my thoughts anyway.

A proposal at the top of l''Arc de Triomphe might make her weak in the knees, but for all the wrong reasons. You may not know this but you have to climb a couple of hundred steps to the top, in a narrow, circular stairwell; you''re winded by the time you get to the top. Once you''re at the top the wind is so strong that you feel like you might get blown off. For some reason it feels so much windier up there than at the top of the Eiffel Tower. If you do select to propose at the top of l''Arc know that there is underground access from the Champs d''Elysee (just up from the Cartier store) - you don''t have to cross 12 lanes of traffic in the round-about.

I would opt for the Eiffel Tower - I think it''s more romantic. Did you know that after dark, at the top of each hour, approximately 20,000 flashing lights twinkle for 10 minutes or so? IT''S SO GORGEOUS. I''ve never been up the Tower when the lights have gone off, my visits up the Tower have always been during the day so I don''t know what the effect of the twinkling lights is like from up there. If you think it might be too crowded to propose at the top of the Tower you can always kneel down in the park at the base of the Tower (Champs de Mars) and propose with the Eiffel Tower twinkling in the background - ah, I think that would be wonderful.

Bon chance et bon courage !

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
Elevensies, an Eiffel Tower proposal would be beautiful. I like blingmyring''s idea of the Champ de Mars with the Eiffel Tower in the background, esp at night when it''s lit up. I recently heard something about the tower "going green" but am not quite sure what that entails. Hopefully it won''t have any effect on the light show. In case you change your mind about the Eiffel Tower, Paris is such an amazing city and full of romantic spots to propose. I love the walk on the quai (little sidewalk) along the Seine and I LOVE the view from Montmartre (though the area is definitely very touristy). There''s also the Ile de la Cite (where you''ll find Notre Dame, the Conciergerie, Pont Neuf along with lots of little parks) and the Jardin du Palais Royal. Best of luck with your proposal- a Parisian proposal has always been a dream of mine!! (In case you can''t tell, paris, je t''
30.gif
)

Messiah Khan

Rough_Rock
I''m sure I heard somewhere that at the height of summer, the Eiffel tower sees something like 6 proposals an hour! My suggestions for a proposal in Paris would be either in the Gardens in front of the Sacre Coeur. Great views, and nice area. Or somewhere along the banks of Ile de la Cite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results