shape
carat
color
clarity

Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas???

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Ok, i ordered the ring!! wow, im excited to see it..im also broke :/ lol.....
my plan is to propose on a cruise that we are going on at the end of August. Anyone have any ideas and advice for me?? im thinking on our private balcony after dinner the first night, maybe with some champagne or wine or something....i need a couple of ideas so i can see which one works out when we are there....also, any advice on getting the ring through security at airport and at cruise ship....i dont want them to pick me and start going through my carry on bag in front of her..that would suck....

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So romantic.

I like your idea of on your balcony after dinner. You might be able to arrange for roses, wine/champagne, and a yummy dessert to be waiting in your room when you return from dinner. (candles too if they can manage it )

You could order breakfast in your room and ask her while you are having a private champagne breakfast (maybe at sunrise if timing works).

Or you could ask while you''re just strolling around relaxed looking at the ocean.

You are on a ship with the beautiful ocean all around. As long as you say something sincere (doesn''t have to be elaborate -- just "I love you and want to spend my life with you" would be nice) and the words "will you marry me" -- you''ll be fine. She will be thrilled and it will be a moment she remembers.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The most memorable thing of my last cruise was sitting on the balcony at sunrise as we sailed past the virgin islands. It was quiet, private, serene, and the air/sun had this misty romantic quality about it. It was seriously one of the most romantic moments DH and I have ever shared.

So that's my suggestion. Don't worry about champagne or breakfast before hand, just wake your gf up early in the morning and go sit outside on the balcony and enjoy the moment. You could have room service delivered with breakfast, coffee, oj, and champagne and eat it on the balcony after. The element of surprise is definitely on your side if you wake her up (sweetly mind you) to do this. Believe me, she won't mind being woken up early for this event!

Also, there shouldn't be an issue bringing the ring through security in your bag. You could put it in your pocket, but gold/plat won't set off the screening devices.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with HH - just put it in your pocket. I think you''ll be OK.

The balcony is very romantic and is such a nice place for a moment between the two of you!

Another thought - depending on what your SO is like.....most 7 night cruises have 2 formal nights, which really is a lot of fun. Would you like to be all dressed up and fancy, formal? Propose on the balcony, take a few pictures, then you can go out and have a great dinner with Champagne?
36.gif

Where is the crusie going to? Maybe you could arrange something special at one of the ports, on an excursion.

Let me knnow!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
these are all great ideas.....right now im trying to keep myself from proposing early
40.gif
..its so hard now that i have the ring to wait 2 months

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
AWW that is SO CUTE!

We bought my ring (it wasn''t planned at all) while vacationing in St Maarten. The entire deal took only 2 days, to pick it out, get the diamond set and the ring sized.

We picked it up togehter, then I had to wait about 20 minutes until he proposed (you know, so it wouldn''t be a jewelery store proposal, HAHHA!) , and that was WAY too long of wait for me!

I loved getting engaged while away, but when you are at home you can show everybody right away. Making the rounds at work was truly amazing and fun!

Maybe you shouldn''t wait!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results