shape
carat
color
clarity

Critique plus help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kincaid77

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend has made it clear she would prefer to be surprised when proposed to. Well this week, she will be going to a concert with some friends, and she thinks I''m going to be out of town overnight for work.

I was thinking that I would sneak into her apartment, and turn her living room into a room full of candles and flowers. When she comes home, I''ll propose. Good idea?

And if you think that''s a good idea, what are some other ways to make her room "romantic" besides flowers, candles, etc?

thanks

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I think your idea sounds wonderful! Very romantic and I'm sure that she will be very surprised. Other than candles and flowers, perhaps some music that you both enjoy, perhaps if you two have a special song, you could play that softly? That's all that I can come up with right now.

Please let us know how it goes!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps you could prepare a sort of small picnic, complete with blanket on the living room floor, with special treats she likes to eat to accompany a bottle of champagne or a lovely wine.

kincaid77

Rough_Rock
And a follow up questions, does anyone think it's a bad idea to propose on a weeknight? My girlfriend knows I have a ring, I got semi busted once, and therefore it's a little tougher to surprise.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i don't think proposing on a weekday is a bad idea at all. (unless she has a lot to do at work to do that week--she probably won't be able to concentrate on a thing!
love.gif
) if anything, it makes the chances of surprising her MUCH greater. i think your proposal idea is perfect--i would love to be proposed to that way. good luck!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Your girl is most probably expecting the propoal on a weekend, so a weeknight proposal would most certainly be a surprise. However, how do you know she will be coming home directly from the concert? You are supposed to be out of town -I'd probably go dancinf with my fiends afterwards. How do you know you won't scare her out of her wits by being in the apartment when you are supposed to be in XYZ City overnight? Don't want to rain on your parade, but perhaps you can do somthing like phone her at the last minute and tell her the trip was cancelled and to count on seeing you later that evening. That way she will not be totally shocked when you're more than comfortably ensconsed in her apartmant when she comes in. Otherwise, the rest will remain a surprise - you told her you would be there, thus it is an ordinary evening. Collusion with one of her concert-going friends to get her home at a decent hour won't hurt either. Good luck, and happy proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results