shape
carat
color
clarity

Costa Rica or D.C. proposal? .....Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

k_howard

Rough_Rock
Back ground:

Me and my GF have been together for 8yrs and I am finally getting ready to pop the question. We met in college and have lived together for the last 2 yrs in D.C. We go on a trip every year for her birthday, and this year we plan to go to Costa Rica for a week May 22-. She studied abroad there during college so it has a special place in her heart. My tentative plan is to ask for her father''s blessing the first week in May (We, along with her parents, will be competing in a triathlon, so I figure that there would be ample time so that I could speak with him face to face).

My dilemma:

Her birthday is in the second week of May. Since we are in D.C. there are many places where I propose given we have had many shared memories here together. In addition I could include some of our friends and family to share. possibly a birthday dinner/ proposal then a birthday/engagement party afterward. But I think that Costa Rica would be pretty cool also, we''re staying in a hotel with an spectacular view of the Arenal volcano(http://www.arenalnayara.com/. since we both love the outdoors, I could tie in the volcano or one of the many secluded hotsprings that are available in the area.

Has anyone ever proposed in Costa Rica? D.C.? This has been a long time coming so I want to make this extra special for her. Please Help.

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Tough call. I think it might depend on what type of people you and your gf are. Some people prefer to include family and friends. Some people feel very strongly that it should be private, some would just prefer it that way. Some people might think the every-day has more significance in their relationship (and therefore more romance) than vacation....

If it were me, I''d prefer it be done in private in Costa Rica. Wow, what a great trip! Coast Rica is far more scenic and romantic than DC IMO, and you say it holds a special place in your gf''s heart. You can always do an engagement dinner and announcement to include family and friends when you return.

9kfever

Rough_Rock
I went to Costa Rica this year with my soon to be fiance. I would so propose there if you could. Arenal and Monteverde were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results