shape
carat
color
clarity

close by or on vacation...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demonic11

Rough_Rock
Ok guys, help with my dilemna. I can''t decide whether to propose close to home, or to wait a few weeks for a planned vacation.

We live near the beach in LA, and have lot''s of memories near here. In some ways, I want to propose right after I receive the ring. Wanted to walk along the beach around sunset and talk about all our memories in the area and then transistion to the proposal. Pros here are that she''ll always remember the area as where I proposed...even when we just head down to the beach for the weekend. I''ll also be able to have my friend capture the moment through video/photos.... I think that''s a big plus so we can share it with our families. I''m also just so darn excited to propose I don''t know if I can wait!!

Alternative is to do it in a few weeks. We have a vacation planned to big sur. I booked the treebones resort. http://www.treebonesresort.com/ She doesn''t know that''s where we''re staying. It''s a beautfiul spot right on the ocean cliffs. I think this is a much more memorable spot, but there''s some more sentimental purpose to doing it close to home. This place is also much more private....but I have to wait for like 2 weeks!

What do you guys think????

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
I think what it boils down to is whether or not you can wait
28.gif
That being said I think every girl dreams of a destination engagement but would also be just as happy w/ one at home. I secretly wished for a destination proposal but ended up w/ one on a quiet night at home and I honestly wouldn''t change anything about it. To sum it up, I don''t think it matters. Follow your heart and just go for it! If you propose at home before your trip then your trip can be a celebration weekend. Win win! Congrats and keep us posted on what you decide!

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
I shared your dilemma (until recently)...

I haven''t proposed yet but I spent a lot of time trying to ensure I could make it as memorable, for her, as possible. After making my decision, I think WineLover23 is right, it''s not the location as much as the 2 of you sharing a moment.

That being said, I opted for a destination proposal (which requires MUCH more planning if you want it to be a secret). My intentions are to propose the day of arrival so (much like winelover23 suggested) we have all weekend to unofficially kick off our life together. It''s different for each couple. I preferred the destination proposal specifically so we could enjoy some time together. I didn''t want it to be a memorable moment as much as a memorable event. If we did it at home family/friends would consume the rest of the weekend. They can do that at the wedding...

Keep us posted on what you decide!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
either would be lovely, personally I''d prefer the beach near you and then you can celebrate in big sur...

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I agree with proposing near home and using the trip to celebrate. We got married in an outdoor park (just a tiny civil service with 7 family members) and we go there often to picnic - such great memories being built! :)

arrowarrow

Rough_Rock
I have a dilemma like yours; at the moment, I''m considering making it closer to home. That way, we can always go back and relive the memory :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results