shape
carat
color
clarity

Classic Love Song Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wontonsoup

Rough_Rock
I''ve been playing guitar for about 7 years now, so I''m thinking I could incorporate that into my proposal by singing her a nice love song. I''ve only sung to her once before so it would be pretty special. In the past, I''ve done "Just the Way You Are" (Billy Joel) and "Wonderful Tonight" (Eric Clapton). I''m looking for something along those lines... cute, romantic, not overly sappy (bleh!)

Of course, I could always attempt to write my own song for her, but that''s REALLY HARD!
21.gif
I found this site. It has some pretty good ideas. I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Wontonsoup, welcome to Pricescope! I'm such a sucker for a good romantic proposal.

With my daughter turning 6 y/o tomorrow, I recall the song "From This Moment" by Shania Twain playing in my room in the moments just after I gave birth to her. I've always thought that was a great romantic song too.

Good luck. Keep us posted!

wontonsoup

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion, Kamuelamom! My gf isn't a huge country fan
2.gif
I'm still thinking. I might end up writing something of my own and posting it here for critique. Thanks for your help!

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Emaline

Evening breezes [E] hum their [F#] lullaby
there's a million [E] candles [F#] in the sky
I'll put on my [E] Sunday [F#] suit of blue
Ema[E]line, just for [F#] you

And now I'm waiting [E] at your [F#] garden gate
And the village [E] clock is [F#] striking eight
hurry [E] up, hurry [F#] down, honey don't be late

Can't you hear my heart whisper through your window
[E] Ema[F#]line
Well don't you think that it's [E] quite the [F#] time
for a meander with
me[G#m][E][F#]

Well, have you told your friends dear
have you told your people?
[E] Ema[F#]line
Then hurry up and drop [E] them a [F#] line
about our wedding to [E] be [F#]

In the church there's an old bell ringer
and he's just waiting for the time
when I [C#m] put my ring on your finger
[E] making you [F#] mine

So, all I do is wait for that Sunday morning
[E] Ema[F#]line
When I'm gonna walk [E] down the [F#] line
hand in hand with Ema[E]line

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
When the Stars Go Blue

Verse:

Cno3 - D#no3 - Bbno3 - Fno3

Pre-chorus:

D#no3 - Bbno3 - Fno3
Transition form pre chor to the chorus is a Cno3

Chorus:

Bbno3 - Fno3 - Cno3

Dancing where the stars go blue,
Dancing where the evening fell,
Dancing in your wooden shoes,
In a wedding gown.

Dancing out on 7th Street,
Dancing through the underground,
Dancing little marionette,
Are you happy now?

Chorus:

Where do you go when you're lonely?
Where do you go when you're blue?
Where do you go when you're lonely?
I'll follow you.

When the stars go blue. (x3)

Laughing with your pretty mouth,
Laughing with your broken eyes,
Laughing with your lover's tongue,
In a lullabye.

(Repeat Chorus)

The stars go blue,
Stars go blue.

wontonsoup

Rough_Rock
Good stuff Superidealist! Definitely inspiring. I think I'll give it a shot and try to put a love song together myself. I probably won't be TOO direct with the lyrics though.
2.gif
That's just my style. Thanks for the help!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/10/2004 4:51:17 PM wontonsoup wrote:

I've been playing guitar for about 7 years now, so I'm thinking I could incorporate that into my proposal by singing her a nice love song. I've only sung to her once before so it would be pretty special. In the past, I've done 'Just the Way You Are' (Billy Joel) and 'Wonderful Tonight' (Eric Clapton). I'm looking for something along those lines... cute, romantic, not overly sappy (bleh!)

Of course, I could always attempt to write my own song for her, but that's REALLY HARD!
21.gif
I found this site. It has some pretty good ideas. I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!----------------

wonton
always and forever by the heat wave..1979 i think.

wontonsoup

Rough_Rock
nice one vtigger. I just downloaded it off iTunes. Classic song. Pretty sappy, but, hey, you'd come to expect that from an R&B ballad!
1.gif
She digs old school R&B stuff (al green, etc), so it just might work. I'll hang on to that one in case I don't come with something better by next weekend.

wontonsoup

Rough_Rock
Just thought of another one: "More Than Words" by Extreme (early 90's guitar ballad). sappy, but classic. I was also thinking about "I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick. Its a fun song. Maybe I'll do some kinda medley!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/14/2004 5:39:42 AM wontonsoup wrote:

nice one vtigger. I just downloaded it off iTunes. Classic song. Pretty sappy, but, hey, you'd come to expect that from an R&B ballad!
1.gif
She digs old school R&B stuff (al green, etc), so it just might work. I'll hang on to that one in case I don't come with something better by next weekend.----------------

wonton
the 70's were fun times ,r&b songs ,the good O school days,pool halls,bowling alleys,drive inn movies. that tells you i'am a old man.
9.gif

wontonsoup

Rough_Rock
I'm sort of partial to Lola.. It has all the requirements for a good love song

lol! Lola by The Kinks? I think that songs is about a guy getting hit on by a transvestite at a bar! I don't think it would go over too well as a "pre-proposal" song
21.gif
Here are the lyrics

wontonsoup

Rough_Rock
Well, I ended up doing "Wonderful Tonight" followed by "More Than Words" by Extreme. Turned out nicely. She said yes
21.gif

Tip: If anyone is planning on proposing near the Central Coast, CA, I highly recommend the gazebos at the shore cliffs lodge in pismo beach, CA. Its a beautiful setting atop a hundred-foot tall bluff overlooking the pacific ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results