shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston or Newyork Tiffany''s?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BLJ0145

Rough_Rock
Alright this is probably a little odd, but I have proposal ideas set for both, cities Boston and New York. I am leaning a little bit more towards Boston, but it''s not set in stone. I guess the deciding factor I''m looking for is, and really my only question is, is Tiffany''s in New York ALOT better (by better I mean more pieces to choose from, customer service, ect.) than the one in Boston, or are the comparable. I''ve never been to either Tiffany locations, but my soon to be fiance said the one in NY is 6 floors or something rediculous like that. My intention is to have her friend take her to Boston or Newyork (depending what feedback I get from here), and while shes at whichever Tiffany''s store come and surprise her in the store. So I really want her to have, as many pieces as possible for her to view before choosing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The one in New York is sooooo much nicer than Boston. The one in Boston is in a mall.

anyjackie

Rough_Rock
The Tiffany's on Fifth Avenue in NYC is multi-story, and they've devoted almost a complete floor to engagement rings. However, every time I've been there, it's been hectic and overwhelming because of all the tourists. Also, the sales people aren't very friendly. As for selection, the NYC store carries the same ring styles as all their other stores. It's just that they have them set in a broader range of diamonds.

If you do go the one in New York, try to make an appointment... I think part of the fun of ring shopping is the doting-on by the salespeople. I've never seen that at the NYC Tiffany's, but maybe there's a secret back room that no one has told me about. Anyone?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am a little slow...are you saying you are going to have her there...just happenstance...via a friend...

And then you swoop in and propose and then allow her to pick out the Ring?

If I am back up to speed...then Woo HOO!! that sounds cool! (as long as she is not a shy little flower blossum) I agree with the other poster who recommends an appointment. I would take it a step further and ask that a specific case or area be designated for your budget choices. I wonder if you could request certain specifics ahead of time and make sure that location had a few in that range.

If they offer the private room, see if you could arrange to have a table set up to great you. That would be romantic and allow some private time to a very public surprise event. Please fill us in on the details!

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results