shape
carat
color
clarity

asking the parents??

false
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shawntracey

Rough_Rock
ok so iv talked to "dad" in an offtopic but still understanding eachother way. lol computer talk turns into him asking for a hard drive and i told him he could have it for andrea. lol short talk and a clear yes. but the thing is that her parents are devorced and she lives with her dad .... so do i still go and ask her mother.... im not sure but i am dam nervous.. i knew her dad but still had problems getting it out.
not too sure on if i should ask or not and how to ask properly???

any help would be appreaciated!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Are her mom and dad married and living togther? If so, then mom should already know. You''re going to have to think about whether or not you want to talk to her about it based on her mom''s personality and their relationship (and what you think she thinks of you too.). I''m not sure what to say without more information. Your girlfriend''s opinion of whether or not you should talk to her parents first matters too. How old she is (and you) and how "independent" she is/feels from her parents also factor in.

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
Classically tradition is to only ask the father. However since they are divorced, if you are close with her mother, I''d suggest asking her too. However, if you barely know her mom, or aren''t close with her... Then by all means don''t even worry about it.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
My FI asked my dad and I specifiaclly asked him not to let ANYONE mention it to my Stepmum as I did not trust her to keep her mouth shut lol. He didn''t actually ask my mum but she knew about the ring and was involved from the start. I think it all depends on what is right for you as a couple and how close your intended is to her parents. Also is she the sort of person who respects that or would she rather be the first to know what you are doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results