shape
carat
color
clarity

any ideas ? help me :)

false
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mixxy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Love this site - I am thinking about proposing to my girlfriend real soon, just got the ring. Now the original idea was me to suprise her on a trip in April when her and her family goes to the Caribbean ( i already told her i couldnt go cuz of work etc..). I was really thinking of doing that but now since I have the ring Im more anxious than ever to do it because I dont think I can hold out that long, any thoughts on what i should do? Its not for another 4 months the trip! She likes lambs (ive gotten her like at least 50 stuff animal lambs over 5 years) so I was trying to think of something creative with that, any ideas???? Should I stick with the first plan and wait out 4 months??? Im really excited about doing it :) Thanks for any help!!!!!

Newfeeflip

Rough_Rock
Hi! Not sure if I read it right, but are you going on the trip? Me and my girlfriend are going on a trip in a few weeks. I was planning to do it on the trip, but then I decided to do it before the trip. That way we can both sort of "celebrate" our engagement while we are down in the Dominican. I guess it''s entirely up to you. Are you ready? Is she ready? It doesn''t matter when you do it...it will be a special moment for the two of you whenver you propose and that''s why I decided to do it before our trip. You might want to take a look at a thread..."Wake-up or beach proposal" for some ideas. Good luck with it all!

DobasD03

Rough_Rock
yah, if you are not going on the trip, i would do it either a week or two before, or after she is on the trip. You want to be able to enjoy the "just got engaged" feeling for at least a couple of days together. You can hold out, but can you keep the ring hidden for that long? I only had my ring in my posession for about a month before i gave it to her, and it was tough finding a really good spot that she would never look.....

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I''d do it before the trip as well. It makes the trip that much more fun that much earlier. But yeah, I''m the impatient type too and I woulda had a hard time hiding the ring for that long.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
If you've been together for five years and I assume you are both at least in your early twenties; I will further assume that you have talked about marriage and kids and understand each others finances, goals and dreams if you are ready to get married.

I say then there's no reason you have to wait four months to propose if you don't want to. A lot of people try to pick a day that's special to propose, but the day doesn't make the proposal special, the proposal makes the day special. So if you decide that you'd like to propose earlier you can create a very special memory for both of you on any day. Just think about what places, people and events are special to her and incorporate them into your proposal day. For example you might recreate some elements of your first (or an important) date. Or maybe she loves beach or a special park or restaurant or the view from your living room window. Plan a special time, talk about happy memories or the future and when the mood is perfect get out the ring and propose. Of course there are many variations, but there's no reason you have to wait four more months unless you want to. If you plan it and take her thoughts and feelings into account it will be special I guarantee it.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
JimDiamond has it exactly right. You don''t need special surroundings and trappings to make your proposal special. Keep what Jim says in mind and you will be able to create a sweet, memorable proposal. If you are eager to propose, then don''t wait the four months. I thinl it''s a very special thing for a girl to know that her sweetheart is so exited about their future together that he can''t wait. Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results