shape
carat
color
clarity

Another New York City Proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggie92

Rough_Rock
Let me set the stage. I will get to NYC around 1 pm Friday October 14th. I have U2 concert tickets for 8 pm that night and theater tickets for Phantom for 8 pm the 15th. I have reservations at the Westin on Time Square unit sunday and was thinking of proposing right there on time square. She went to NYC last year and stayed on Time Square and loved it. We both love sushi so I was thinking on maybe at the sushi bar in the Westin, I heard it was pretty upscale and nice. I need help, I got tickets in hand and don''t know where I''m going to do it.

I''ve read about central park in other posts and just want to get some advise.

She doesn''t know about any of this, and I will only tell her about the trip Friday morning when we have to go to the airport.

cellar door

Rough_Rock
a...

if you LOVE sushi i highly reccomend Poke on E 85th st btwn 1st and 2nd ave. opens at 5pm. its amazing!!! as for your proposal, do what you think will be most meaningful to you and your gal. things to keep in mind for times square... very crowded and sketchy people can be lurking. nyc is filled with awesome spots...you could go down town and walk along the brooklyn bridge, or the docks at south street seaport. you''ll figure it out. you have a ton of options!

aggie92

Rough_Rock
Thanks, didn''t think able sketchy people. I''m from a small town in TX so this is really going to be an experience. I love the brooklyn bridge idea. That might be really good. I''ll give Poke a shot thanks.

Thanks You
Aggie92

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry...i''m not so good with the proposal ideas, but i wanted to wish you the best of luck! i''m sure you will have a very memorable time in nyc.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Well, your first problem is that you are an Aggie.
2.gif

Next, they are right about Times Square. It''s safe to walk around, but fumbling around for a ring in the dark, trying to get on one knee when there are tons of people walking around. It''s not like the streets of Midland.

At the Marriott Marquis hotel on times square, they have a revolving restuarant on the top floor which over looks much of the city. It''s pretty classy.

aggie92

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the marriott idea, I''ll look it up on the internet. Dumb ag going to visit NYC and get his engagement riped off before she says yes. I wonder if I would have to propose again?

Gig''em Aggies!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
As a born and bred NYC girl, I''ll be happy to give any advice regarding food, locations, etc...

You can PM me too if you''d like...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I live in NYC and think there are many wonderful places to propose. I wouldn''t really rec. propose outside in Time Square/ It is very loud, busy and while it is a tourist place with NYPD everywhere...you may not want to be pulling out a ring full of sparkle.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I might be wrong, but at the Westin Times Square, the main rest. is a steakhouse (don''t know about sushi there) but at The W Times Square there is Blue Fin, where I had some of the best sushi ever (the last time I was there they had a very good selection of different tunas!) Way too crazy downstairs on Broadway, I found it to be much nicer upstairs. and the Whiskey is also at the W, if you want to check out a high-end NYC tourist bar. Maybe your room at the Westin will have a good Times Square view- that alone would make for a nice (& safe) proposal setting!

If you haven''t already, pm Amandapanda- she''ll give you the insiders view to Manhattan.

DXXVII

Rough_Rock
Hey Aggie ... Like Amandapanda, I too am a native New Yorker. I have been putting some thought into my [eventual] proposal. Even though you''re a Texan and probably a Republican, I''ll continue...

Just some scattered thoughts and responses to your idea/plan:

-Like everyone else on this thread has said, Times Square isn''t the most romantic of places. If you do decide on proposing here, I would recommend doing it out on one of the islands in the middle of the square where there are much better views and less people standing still. Also, cops on the NYPD who patrol Times Square are chosen to be there because they are more outwardly friendly than some of their fellow officers. There is very little chance of being robbed in the middle of the square, it''s VERY well lit and there are literally dozens of cops walking around.

-I''m not a sushi person, so I can''t suggest anything for you on that. I say you pop the question on Saturday in the late afternoon. It seems to be the perfect time during the progression of your weekend away. Friday will be filled with the excitement and action of the surprise of going and the concert itself. I imagine you will have a more leisurely day on Sat and fancy dinners and Broadway shows were meant to be enjoyed by engaged people. NYC is at it''s best in the middle of Oct and all the leaves will be changing color in the park. I myself have been debating between two park proposal ideas. The first being while on a carriage ride through the park and the second being on row boat in the middle of one of the ponds. Personally, I am leaning toward the latter. It allows you more control over the circumstances and there isn''t a stranger driving the carriage to share your moment with, though I''m sure it wouldn''t be the first time he''s been through it. The park''s most significant advantage over most other places in the city is that it''s quiet! Being from TX you might not realize just how loud 8 million people can be! This moment is about you and your girl and you don''t want to get knocked over the head by a giant Coach bag slung over the arm of a passing woman.

Anyway ... you can PM me if you have any logistic question about the city or about specific sites. Be well and enjoy, it sounds like a great weekend.

Ahh ... one last thought ... You might considering hiring a car to drive you from the time you leave the hotel Sat until you arrive at the theater. You won''t be traveling great distances or be in areas that it''s difficult to get a cab, but the expedience and peace of mind are well worth the cost in this case.

petuniaprincess

Rough_Rock
Ruby Foo''s (in Time Square) is famous for their sushi and the ambience is wonderful!! It''s very modern looking, but comfortable and the service is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results