shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice - Tiffany Box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDMD

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

First off, I''d like to thank everyone as this forum has been a huge help in the past few months leading up to the big day (proposal, not wedding!).

I recently bought a ring from Tiffany''s, and have a question about how to present it.

When they gave it to me, it''s wrapped in a Tiffany''s box (the light blue with the white ribbon). Now, do I give it to her in that box, or do I take the ring box (the dark blue one that actually holds the ring) out? When you see it on TV, everyone proposes by opening the box to reveal the ring, but I can''t do that if it''s wrapped up like a present...

Anyone that has given or received a Tiffany ring, how was yours done?

Thanks in advance!

JDMD

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
First, She''ll love it no matter what =) but here''s some ideas

No tiffany ring here but this is how it plays out in my overactive movie/tv brain:

If she''s a more traditional gal OR her biggest dream ever was to get a ring from tiffany''s!:

Have her find the whole box, with the pretty tourquise packaging and ribbon. Ask her to open it, and when she opens the tourquoise box, take the blue box out from her and propose on one knee or not on one knee depending on what makes you comfortable.

If she''s more fun/funky/loves that it''s from Tiffany''s, but doesn''t need the emphasis:

I think you can do whatever you want, have the dark blue velvet box, and just propose that way.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Don''t discard of the Blue box and white ribbon...but for this you present the ring in the ring box with lid open. The inside of the ring box also says Tiffany so she''ll know you were a good ...GOOD boy!!!

If your were going to give it to her as a gift, I would say the opposite. But your are PRESENTING the ring...woo hoo!!! Just like you would if you were on a game show. You know Bob Barkers Beauty''s? They would show it to you in a box...Or think of Pretty Woman when Richard Gere presents the necklace to Julie...and then snaps it close as she reaches to touch it! Presenting...

Are you excited? Nervous? What are you feeling? Anxious? I am sure she is going to flip! Be sure and come back and give us a play by play!! Okay? §

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oops sorry Peridot ...our posts crossed. Had I read your first I would have said that is a great idea! Didn''t mean to step on you toes/opinion.
2.gif
§

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
no prob DKS, I''ve been posting like a mad woman today, so i''ve been cross-posting with everyone
21.gif

P.S. I love that your comment refers to pretty woman =).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was proposed to with a tiffany ring. What D did was peal the ribbon off over the side of the box without opening the actual ribbon so we can put it back on again. That way he got to propose with the box open and I still have my blue box wrapped with the ribbon when I put it back on again. Congratulations on getting your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results