shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink and Winfields ROCK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesparkle

Rough_Rock
I''ve been meaning to write this review for a while now, actually since last summer.

Last Spring, I decided I wanted a tennis bracelet but wasn''t happy with anything I saw in stores because of either the price, or the stones, or the design. Tennis bracelets are not that complicated to design but nothing seemed ''personal'' enough. Or if it did, and had lots of fire, it was priced beyond my reach. At least 40% beyond my reach on average. Granted these were from name brand retailers (Tiffany, etc...) with all the fancy stores and special lights. So I went online. Blue Nile was nice but didn''t have the quality of stones I wanted and I also wanted to deal with someone who really knew their stones instead of reading something off of a screen.

What I really wanted was a 6.5" bracelet (small wrists), with .16 point stones and a somewhat unique setting. I contacted two Pricescope Vendors, and Wink was one of them. My emails were always returned promptly and every question was answered to my satisfaction. He also educated me which was the best part and was always honest as to where I could cut my budget a little (18kt instead of Platinum) and because I was initially looking at several sizes and types of stones, where I would see the difference. I ended up going with .16 H&A stones, a modified four prong setting with hearts on the side of each basket, SI clarity, and F-G-high H quality. His price was a teeny (really teeny) bit higher but I was willing to pay that especially to be able to work with a person vs a company, and someone who was always honest with me especially during the quote stage. To his credit, my final bill was significantly (by 1k) less than the original estimate. turns out since the stones were larger, I needed fewer of them and therefore paid less. Yay! Winfields gets an A across the board, the staff is super nice too.

I was so happy to get the bracelet on time right around my birthday last July and I love the beautiful boxes he packaged it in! Let me tell you in boring office light it looks like a really shiny bracelet with clear stones- my boyfriend was like "What''s the difference between real and fake diamonds" but when I walk into any normally lit room or outside in the sun....he said WOW. Seriously gorgeous fire......my best friend oddly enough said to me when she saw it "I now understand the difference between real and fake diamonds" which I thought was cute.

I wish I had saved the pictures Wink sent me so I could post them. I don''t have any wrist shots and am at the office so no camera ;( I promise to post pics soon, it''s gorgeous. Half a year later it has stretched out a little and is the perfect length now and has held up beautifully. I''ve gotten so many compliments!!!!! Wink is such a class act and I say that having access to almost every jeweler in NYC. (Leon Mege is too expensive for a tennis bracelet but I hope he will do my e-ring one day) I am actually going to have him make another piece for me this summer as well.....probably a necklace, I am sketching it now.

Feel free to message me with any questions!

M
36.gif
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 11:16:22 AM
Author:lovesparkle
I love the beautiful boxes he packaged it in!
I love the winfield''s boxes, too! My e-ring came from there. I have nothing but good things to say about their company. Glad to hear you had a good experience!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results