shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you, David Atlas!!

em2010

Rough_Rock
I was very fortunate to be able to engage Mr. Atlas to appraise two diamonds that I bought in the past 4 months. Both were pleasant and great learning experiences for someone knows little about diamonds yet wants to buy a high quality one at fair price.

With the first appraisal, Mr. Atlas helped me get out of a messy situation by providing independent expert evaluation that led to the full refund of a less desirable diamond I bought during a cruise trip. The jeweler is known for almost impossible to issue refund when the consumers found out about their bad purchases. I believe the reputation of Mr. Atlas in the industry and the fact his authoritative appraised value came thousands of dollars below the purchase price helped resolve the dispute to my satisfaction.

Mr. Atlas is an ultimate consumer advocate. In the one hour I was in his office, he shared with me most important information on how to identify good diamonds and provided a few good resources for self-education, including PriceScope, and the names of reputable online diamond jewelers his clients have bought diamonds over the years.

After a couple of months of online research, I knew more about diamonds but I had to rely on expert opinions when it came to purchase another diamond. Mr. Atlas kindly offered to review the diamond certificates for me via email, completely free. His inputs helped me decide on the purchase of a diamond from an internet jeweler.

The second appraisal was a real treat for me. Mr. Atlas’ office is set up like a science lab with all kinds of state-of-the-art equipment for diamond appraisal. The loose diamond went through rigorous evaluation by those machines as well as Mr. Atlas himself. He pointed out the strength and small flaws of the diamond as the images shown on the computer screen. I even got a chance to check out the tiny inclusion and laser inscription under the 20x scope. Mr. Atlas’ affirmation gave me the peace of mind about my new purchase, well worth the 2-hour drive each way to see him.

Mr. Atlas is a man of integrity, compassionate about his trade, and a top-flight independent diamond appraiser in the country. Don’t waste your time and money on mediocre appraisals. An independent appraisal from Mr. Atlas carries authoritative values. The appraisal and the GIA certificate are now sealed in the same envelope and stocked away safely. This is how highly I regard Mr. Atlas’ expertise and reputation as an independent diamond appraiser.

Please check out Mr. Atlas’ website datlas.com, which contains a wealth of educational information on diamonds as well as his service offerings. You can mail in the diamond for appraisal and I recommend you to drive to his office in Horsham, PA if you are in a drivable distance. I learned so much from Mr. Atlas from the conversation during the office visit, the experience is simply priceless. I also recommend to bring in the loose diamond. There is a jewelry repair shop next door that can do the mounting for a nominal fee. They did a beautiful job setting the diamond on the ring I brought with me in an hour. Mr. Atlas would then finish up the appraisal of the entire ring and make sure all are in order.

The entire experience has been very satisfying. Mr. Atlas rescued me from a bad purchase and educated me into a savvy consumer. I am very grateful for his generous help and tireless efforts to educate consumers. I highly recommend Mr. Atlas for your appraisal needs.

:))

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice Job Dave..
All the years Dave's put in on Pricescope has helped many people just like yourself.
It was good of you to post!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results