shape
carat
color
clarity

New member--Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I have been lurking for a while and just decided to join. I started lurking back in the spring, when my husband told me that he was going to give me $$ to pick out a 25th anniversary gift. He gave me $2500 and I decided I wanted a diamond ring. I haven''t traditionally been a diamond girl, I only have my engagement ring and one very small pair of earrings that he got me when we first were married, but I decided I wanted a new diamond for this special anniversary. I also definitely wanted it to be set in platinum (since it was our silver anniversary, though I am usually into yellow gold). I had no idea what I could get for amount of money I was given to spend, but knew I did not want to be nagged to spend more, as salespeople tend to do--we have kids in college and are close to retirement age and we''ve always been allergic to debt. I didn''t even know what kind of jewelry I wanted when I first got on this forum, I just knew I wanted to get the prettiest thing I could that would be a good memory, whether earrings or pendant or ring so I looked around and read what people had to say and it was so informative and interesting. In the end, I decided to get a new ring (not an upgrade, I''m NEVER going to stop wearing my original e-ring, though some might think it small and we bought it in the ''maul''--I LOVE that ring and all the memories) and I decided to buy it from Blue Nile. Anyway to make a long story short, I ended up with a beautiful solitaire, which I wear on my right hand:
65 points
F color
SI1 clarity
ideal cut
set in platinum, a 2 mm band with a milgrain edging

I love my new ring! I stare at it all the time (I also stare at my original e-ring) and feel so happy! Thanks for having this forum!
Black Jade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results