shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR issue - has anyone had a similar problem?

AngelinaBallerina

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I'm new to PriceScope although I often visit and read the posts. It was because of PS and the good reviews that I decided to order a pave band from LOGR. I was so pleased with it that I decided to order a custom ring.

As I say, I ordered custom and paid via paypal directly (I didn't go through ebay) because the design was unique. My invoice quite clearly lists what should be in the design of the ring, however on receipt of the ring, the centre diamond which should have been included is missing. I am gutted - I'm not sure what to do as obviously I have paid for the ring to be as stated.

I have been in touch with LOGR, but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else been in this situation and were LOGR helpful in sorting it out? I'm sure that even if they were to send me the diamond in the post loose, I'm going to have to end up paying a jeweller to mount it - meaning I'm not only disappointed, but out of pocket. Worst case scenario, I am stuck with a semi-mount which I've paid over the odds for.

That being said, the design is perfect and had the centre diamond been included as per the invoice, I would have been deslighted!

Thanks in advance,

AB

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have not worked with LOGR before, but they have a good reputation and I'd imagine that this was just a HUGE oversight. I'm sure that they will make it right. Would love to see photos once the ring is complete!

AngelinaBallerina

Rough_Rock
Hi Yennyfire,

I thought it was just an oversight as well, but I received a response back from them and have to say I am beyond angry. They were very helpful at first and said they'd check with the factory, however when they got back to me they've said that the centre diamond is not going to be included in the final design and they are requesting a further $535 on top of the $850 I already paid to provide me with he finished piece! The invoice clearly states that the centre diamond is part of the quote and design, so I have no idea where to go from here as they have not provided the ring that was agreed.

The only option they are providing is to send the semi mount back, and they will send me a replacement item which is not even remotely like the design I sent them. In fact their idea of a replacement is a generic ring that they are selling half price on ebay at the moment, because they appear to be trying to get rid of them!

I'm so unbelievably disappointed. How is this even legal?! Surely they can't send me a half finished ring when the invoice states what should be included. I could have gotten the original ring I took the design from, for less than what they are now asking me to pay to finish it.

Any help would be appreciated. To say I'm upset is an understatement.

AB

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to throw in a few thoughts if you don't mind?

Firstly, LOGR's first language isn't English and I know that's led to miscommunication in the past. If we're asked on the forum how to communicate we always say, send drawings, specific dimensions and check back understanding all the time. I have a horrible feeling that this is what's happened here.

LOGR very rarely sell complete diamond rings. They have coloured stones in mounts and a few eternity type diamond bands but very very few actual complete diamond rings. I'm wondering therefore if they thought you had the central stone and they were making the setting for it? $850 for a custom setting is probably about right - especially if it was fully custom and if you'd upgraded the diamonds etc.

Do you have photos of the setting? That would be a start to know whether what you've paid is fair - just for the setting and no centre stone. Do you love the setting? If you do, I'd be tempted to keep it but ask for some money back. Unless you give us the stats of your ring it's difficult to know how much to ask for as a refund. What I don't think I'd do is ask them to source the central diamond. I don't believe that's one of their strengths (coloured stones aren't either) and they're really best known for their settings.

I'm sorry not to be able to help further but do hope it gets resolved.

AngelinaBallerina

Rough_Rock
Hi LD,

Thanks for your helpful reply. I know English isn't their first language, so I was very careful about my wording and I have 2 seperate emails - one which is the invoice and quite clearly lists 0.40ct central stone as being part of the design, and the second which confirms the weight of stones to be included in the ring and actually says "special price $850". If I paid the price they are now asking of $1,385.00, I would definitely be being over the odds because the ring I copied the design from is $1,219.00 - I would have been cheaper going direct to the original designer.

The semi-mount is pretty and I do love it, and I actually did already do as you suggested - I've asked them to part refund me so that I can source my own stone as I've heard that it's not really their stong point. I do hope that they will work with me on this. I don't want to cause any hassle to them, and nor do I want to rip anyone off but I'm definitely not in the wrong here. I just expected to receive what was promised as per the invoice and emails exchanged, for the price agreed.

I've attached a picture of the design they were working from for you to get an idea. I have received exactly as the picture, but obviously minus the central stone.

It's just so disappointing. This was to be my dream engagement ring, but these problems have really taken the shine off the whole happy occasion, if you'll excuse the pun.

Best wishes

AB

il_fullxfull.232639805.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results