shape
carat
color
clarity

kudos to Dan Gillen at ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jtothemac

Rough_Rock

Been lurking on here for almost two months and looking in earnest for a round brilliant cut diamond for a month and a half. I started by looking at James Allen, Whiteflash, Good Ole Good, etc, but they didn''t listen closely to what I wanted and were more interested in selling me a diamond from their respective inventories. I was impressed by Dan''s patience. I gave him strict parameters and he actively sought after the stones that meet my criteria on a daily basis. We culled through several lineups until I found the one. Overall, I thought the prices for all the vendors were competitive, but if you are looking for someone to do a little legwork you can''t go wrong with Dan. One thing I discovered on my search is a simple digital picture gives you a better representation of what the diamond looks like in person that tons of imagery from advanced cameras. We looked at several diamonds that measured up on paper with very clean GIA reports, but didn''t have the fire and brilliance in person.

Cut - Round
Carat - 0.97
Color - F
Clairty - VS2
Fluorescence - none
triple zero polish, symmetry and cut
HCA - 1.3

Justin
Houston, TX

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Justin

So glad you had such a great experience and well done Dan! We would love some photos of your ring when you are able please!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I am really glad to see Dan getting a gong here - he found the EC for my engagement ring and my partner and I had the same experience. His communication was much more frequent than other vendors we spoke to (which was reassuring for neurotic me!), he answered my millions of questions promptly and was extremely patient throughout. At no stage did we ever feel pushed for the sale.

I will post my own experiences in more detail once we pick up our ring from our jeweller next week, but just wanted to add my 2c here!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am happy to see a review for Dan! I met Dan while at ERD and he is such a nice and fun guy.

I must agree that ERD is very good at listening to parameters and coming up with options.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a beautiful ring, thanks for the pictures and many congrats to you ( and well done Dan!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results