shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff Averbook

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ARIES01

Rough_Rock
Pricescope community,

I suppose I am what you call a "lurker"- I enjoy reading and doing research, but I never post! Either way I figured today would be a good day to briefly describe my experience buying a diamond.

I never realized there was so much information to absorb when doing "diamond homework." After a few google searches I stumbled into Pricescope.com. After what I thought would be a few hours of research, turned into many long peacefull nights of sifting through volumes of information. Pricescope, Halloway Cut advisor, Facetware, and BlueNile were my bread-and-butter.

I jotted down every meticulous dimention necessary for my diamond. Afterall, this purchase was certainly going to be one of the most memorable and important ventures of my life; therefore I wasnt going to screw it up! With the dimentions in hand, I decided to go with BlueNile.com to search. I made this choice because the website was simple, attractive, had a huge selection, checked out with the BBB, had approx. 96% positive reviews, free shipping, and the return policy is fantastic. I ordered a loose diamond, wired them the money, received the package the next day, and had 30 days to have it checked out by a professional. Customer service was flawless, the
lacquered wooden ring box was beautiful, and the GIA report was in pristine condition sealed inside of a protective sleeve. Needless to say I was impressed.

The next step was to have it inspected by a professional. I turned to Jeff Averbook from Medford, MA. (
www.metrojewelryappraisers.com) I sent Jeff an email and called him on a Tuesday- I had an appointment that Saturday.
I drove in from Worcester, MA. He was polite, humorous, and professional. He, myself, and my brother chit-chatted for a bit, and then he looked at my diamond. The whole time he studied it, still pleasantly chit-chatting, I kept the GIA information from his sight. After a while, he turned and summarized to me all of the characteristics of the diamond... He was spot on. Then he explained what the wholesale price and retail price should be for my diamond- comparing it to other diamonds on the market. Needless to say, I found a fantastic diamond for a great price. Instantly I knew I would not be returning this diamond! The experience was great.

Jeff put all of my information on file, so that when I have my diamond put into a setting (locally), I can simply bring it back and have the ring appraised for insurance purposes. (Because my diamond was loose, It wasnt appraised). For $95 dollars, I had a socially pleasant morning, enjoyable and soothing learning experience, gained an ease of mind about my purchace, and everything was done right in front of me.

Furthermore, I brought with me an old, old gold necklace that I no longer wanted. Jeff has a seperate department that deals with gold. He took a look at it and said he wouldnt be able to exchange it for cash that day because that department was closed. To save me the drive back, or the postage to mail it to his department, I trusted to leave my necklace with him in exchange for a check mailed to my house. (On my receipt he also noted this exchange). I expect a check for the necklass next week.

Hope my experience will be of use for the next "lurker" looking to buy a diamond.

ARIES01

ARIES01

Rough_Rock
Check arrived as expected. Again, a Kind, honest, and knowlegable professional. Will certainly do business with him again and refer him to friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results