shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Experience at Brian Gavin Diamonds!

psychowu

Rough_Rock
My GF and I made a one-day trip to Houston, from Los Angeles, to visit some diamond dealers. We didn’t make an appt at Brian Gavin but they were able to fit us in last minute. We literally called and showed up within 15-20 minutes. They happen to have an opening between appts.

First, we met with Lesley and she showed us a couple diamonds we had discussed over the phone (H/I colored). A K color diamond was accidently brought out and after comparing all of them, we were VERY surprised that we couldn’t tell the difference (guess we aren’t that color sensitive). I was very surprised as I was very set on getting a H/I color.

To make a long story short, we then met with Brian for approx. 1.5 hours and he went into detail about diamonds. We decided that a J/K color diamond would be fine for us.

In total, we spent approx. 2 hours at BGD and were VERY impressed with the service. If there wasn’t an appt after us, we probably would have ended up staying there even longer. Being able to meet the owner, having him devote that much one-on-one time to us, and seeing how passionate he was about diamonds gave us the confidence that we were purchasing from the right place.

The question we asked ourselves: Would we rather buy a diamond from a dealer that just focuses on specs/numbers, or from a dealer who is passionate about their work and is constantly looking to raise the bar (BG created high quality diamond specs AND who else markets a BLUE fluorescent diamond line?)

In short, the take away is, go into buying diamonds with an OPEN MIND. Friends/relatives/media will tell you that you NEED a certain color/clarity/size, but in my humble opinion, it’s all about what you can/can’t see. LOOK at everything, at every dealer, and make a decision that will give you peace of mind.

We had a valuable experience at BGD and hope this helps others!

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting this! I have been looking at this company as well for a friend. The Gavin blues are awesome. I didn't even know diamonds fluoresced before I looked at this site. It's nice to hear a good review to pass along

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results