shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold is fantastic

cmcquil

Rough_Rock
Good Old Gold is truly exceptional.
Recently I was in the market for a new set of diamond earrings for my wife. This time I wanted to avoid the jewelry store circus of high pressure sales, pushy salesman and ridiculous pricing which I had endured during previous diamond purchases. So I decided to give BlueNile a try since their website has a great search engine and their prices seemed reasonable. The stones I purchased were characterized as GIA triple excellent but I was left disappointed since they did not sparkle and "pop" as I had expected. I became frustrated with this process of trying to purchase stones without first seeing them and became convinced there must be a better way. I contacted Jon Weingarten, the co-owner of Good Old Gold, in hope of using him as a set of experienced eyes. They are a brick and mortar jewelry store located on Long Island and have been in business for over 30 years which gave me confidence. What I learned from Jon is that GIA triple excellent is only a starting point since within this classification are myriad levels of quality, most importantly in the quality of cut. Jon was able to find me stones that are absolutely dazzling and at a slightly lower price than BlueNile! You can get a taste of Jon's expertise by viewing his diamond education videos on Youtube. Search for "Jon Weingarten diamonds". Trust me, there is no reason to bother with BlueNile, James Allen, PriceScope, EBAY etc. You will get better diamonds at a cheaper price with Jon.
All my future diamond purchases will be made with Jon at Good Old Gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results