shape
carat
color
clarity

Excellent experience with Appraiser Jeff Averbook...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I had the pleasure of meeting with Jeff about a week and a half ago to review some of my jewelry items. I had found Jeff while going through the listing of recommended appraisers here on PS. He is located in Medford, MA at an easy to get to location in the Boston area. There is a private parking lot right out front which was very convenient.

My communication with Jeff began via email. He was very prompt and attentive. He was also very excited to hear from a fellow PS'er. We then arranged a phone call to discuss my jewelry items that I wanted him to review, and decide upon a time to meet. He was friendly, flexible, and down to earth. I was going to be driving about two hours to meet with him from the western part of the state and he understood that my appointment time would need to be flexible given the travel/traffic in that area.

Once there, we first talked about Pricescope, the Vegas get together (which sounds like a blast, I will have to go at some point!), and then moved onto my pieces. First thing we looked at was my engagement ring - 1.51 carat princess in a tapered baguette setting. I needed an updated appraisal for insurance. Jeff advised me that my hubby had done well when originally purchasing my ring over 10 years ago! My next two pieces I wanted him to assess as I am preparing to sell these items to help fund a new RHR purchase in the spring. First was my 1ctw three stone ring in platinum which he commented that the setting was exceptionally done. He then moved onto my .33ct pendant. He wrote up two pre sale reports which provides accurate stats to use while selling. What I greatly appreciated from Jeff is that even though my pieces were not "large" or "high ticket" items he still treated them and myself with respect and took ample time to review, take pictures, and offer his opinion on my potential selling of them.

Overall, a wonderful experience. I hope to go see him again soon once I build my new RHR.

Thanks Jeff!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results