shape
carat
color
clarity

B2C Jewels can't handle a basic request

Gossamer

Rough_Rock
I asked B2C Jewels a simple request to swap one RBC diamond for another diamond of identical dimensions which I had picked out and would buy from them. (Basically wanted to upgrade a slightly colored stone to colorless.) Four-prong platinum setting. Basic request, quick and simple sale, huh? Conversation went basically as follows (simplified):

"Can you do set the diamond for me if I buy the diamond from you?"
"No, take it to your local jeweler."
"You are my local jeweler. I'll bring it to you."
"No, we've had incidents."
"How can I know my local jeweler would do this if you won't? Whom on 47th St do you suggest I deal with then?"
"I'll check."
[Four days pass]
"Take it to your local jeweler."

Seriously? How do you operate on 47th St (or 46th St) and not know a single person to refer me to to do something basic like this?

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gossamer,

Thank you for considering B2C for the work you needed done. Let me check with my team and see if I can shed some light on the situation and make sure you get the information and/or service you expected.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Gossamer,

I researched your situation and believe I can clarify things:

I now understand that you did not purchase the setting at B2C Jewels. By policy we don’t work on settings made elsewhere. Doing so would void any guarantees and warranties from the maker. For this, and other reasons, we perform work only on settings we created. This policy is practiced commonly in the jewelry business.

I wanted to help you, so our service team has forwarded an address for bench jeweler in this area we trust. We confirmed his willingness to discuss work on an outside setting with you; with stipulations. The name and phone number is in email. I hope this helps, and apologize if it was unclear before.

Gossamer

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I have requested the thread be removed since the matter is resolved.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results