shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, ladies! What''s *your song*?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
We all have one. You know we do. So what song do you and your BF (or FI/DH for non LIWs posters) share?

Ours is "You Can''t Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones. We went almost a year without a song, but we went to the Stones show a year and a half ago and when they played it we were singing and dancing and my BF turned to me and said, "You know, I''m never going to be able to hear this song again without thinking about us right now." And ever since, it''s been ours.
26.gif
And to think...we almost missed out on having a song because I had laryngitis!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Our song is I don''t wanna miss a thing. We don''t have a cute story or anything to go with it... it just fit.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
oh god..we have so many, but I guess one would be How Do I Live by Trisha Yearwood =) and It Might Be You - Stephen Bishop. he loves to sing that to me in the car on road trips...

ComplicatedPink

Rough_Rock
Keith Urban-Making Memories of Us. I know its a bit one sided, but its such a sweet song I couldn''t really object
emlove.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
We don''t have a song.
23.gif

I think it''s because we have opposite tastes in music.

Picos

Rough_Rock
Fiancé and I''s song is "The Front Porch Looking In" by Lonestar. I was sending him songs over AIM one night waaaaaay back when we first started dating (since I like country and he wasn''t that it to it) to give him some "preview" of country songs.

He typed: I tihnk I may have found our song, that is if you like it.
Me: Sure! I love that song. (truth)

Our favourite band is the same (Sixpence None the Richer) so I''m surprised that we didn''t pick on of thier songs. Other than a few country stars (VERY few), Sixpence None the Richer, and some oldies, we have very different taste.

The line in the song that stuck out for him was "the one He made for me" :)

gigglebuns1186

Rough_Rock
One of our songs is "Angel eyes" by the Jeff Healy Band. He thinks "i''m so amazing he doesn''t know how he won my love" He''s such a sweetheart. Our other song is Faithfully by Journey. Basically just the "i''m forever yours faithfully" part hehe.
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t have a song. What''s the significance of having one? Just curious...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
My BF and I do almost half the year long distance, and so it''s really nice to hear something occasionally that reminds me of him. I love when it randomly comes on the radio, or when my iPod is on shuffle and it plays...it gives me a little taste of having him around and a great memory of the day at the concert. Also, somehow, the chorus suit us perfectly "You can''t always get what you want/but if you try sometimes/you just might find/you get what you need". Neither of us were looking for a relationship when we got together, but everything fell into place and I''ve had 2.5 wonderful years with a guy I never intended to date!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
We don''t have a song--more like a whole soundtrack.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Ours are all by Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day, Hold Me Now, and Running Away. The first time we went out together, we sat in my car talking for two hours after we left the pub, and he was floored that I had their CD. The rest is history...

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 12:12:46 PM
Author: luckystar112
We don''t have a song.
23.gif

I think it''s because we have opposite tastes in music.
Lol, we have this issue too.

Typical conversation in the car when a new song comes on the radio:

Him: "Oh! I like this song!" (reaches over to turn up the volume)
Me *simultanously*: "Ugh! I hate this song!" (reaches over to change the station)...

(Incidently, we listen to the radio because we have agreed that we cannot stand each other''s CDs):

This happens AT LEAST once per day, if not more! So NO! We definitely don''t have a song, but we love to dance together to many different songs!

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
the luckiest, by ben folds. i loove this song!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iris by Goo Goo dolls

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ve been married for almost 4 years and still don''t have "a song!"
6.gif
We love a lot of the same music, though, we''ve just never felt like we had to have a song to call our own, I guess. I don''t think it really bothers either of us that we don''t have a song...when we were talking to our DJ before the wedding we sort of stumbled over the part where we chose our first dance song and told him we''d call him back later with our choice, lol! I ended up choosing it for us, and it was "At Last" by Etta James which worked just fine for both of us. We make up for the lack of romance in the song department in so many other ways, hee hee!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oops...double-clicked...sorry!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Our song is Keith Urban''s "Once in a Lifetime Love." We had a song or two years ago when we were together before, but I can''t remember what they were right now! (Will have to go through the old archives and look into that one!) This is our song because my FF went to Israel back in January for a little over 3 weeks, 2 weeks of training and then about a week of tourist stuff. One morning, a few days after his 2 weeks of training was done, I was missing him terribly and not feeling well at all due to all my sick kiddos at work, so I had called in sick to work to get some rest and attempt to get healthy before my FF returned. While he was gone, I was going and staying at his house every few days, and the night before had been one of those days. I had sat there at his house, looking through all of our pictures. laughin and crying and carrying on...I think I may have been PMS''ing at the time, but I can''t say for sure! That night I began making a spectacular scrapbook of our new life together (this time around) to give to him for Valentine''s Day a few weeks later.

On that Wednesday morning I really wanted to sleep in since I had a sub in my classroom, but for some reason I was wide awake at 6 AM...lo and behold a text message came through on my phone from my FF saying he was staring out at the Meditterranean Sunset and how he wished I was there to share it with him (aww...getting a little weepy just thinking about it!) I replied that I would like nothing more and that I couldn''t wait for him to come home... Of course I couldn''t go back to sleep, so I hit the sleep button on the radio and tuned in our favorite country station, who the DJ''s just happen to be friends of my FF...

All of a sudden, I hear them talking about their favorite fireman, calling all the way across the world...I knew it had to be my FF, but I figured it was to toot his horn about sitting on the Meditterranean while they were slaving away here in the real world. Much to my surprise, he told them a brief blurb about why he was there in Israel, but that his reason for calling was to tell his girlfriend, _______ (ME!!!!) how much he loved and missed her and to tell her dad, ____, happy birthday, which was huge, #1, because he actually remembered my dad''s birthday, and #2, because he has not always had the best relationship with my parents, so it meant a lot to all of us. He then went on to say he sure did miss me and two more times that he loved me, and would they play a special song for me... I''m sure you can guess that it was the Keith Urban song, which is of course now his ring tone on my phone so I hear it every time he calls or TM''s...pathetic, I know, but I''m in love! We also just went to his concert here in June, and I''m sure that song will be played at our wedding one day.

By the way, my vice-principal and several of the other teachers heard his dedication on the radio to me halfway across the world that day, and I have never experienced something so special in all my life. He is not a big PDA kinda guy, so that made it all that more precious. The radio station even burned me a copy of the dedication, so anytime this whole e-ring, proposal, blessing thing starts taking over, I throw that in the CD player and I am reminded of what an awesome man I have in my life.
He also ended up surprising me and began flying home on that Friday, cutting his trip short by about 5 or so days and arriving home late that Saturday night, because he said he missed me too much. Achhh, I am getting pathetically sappy, but there is our love song story...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Ours is ''Amazed'', originally by Lonestar. ''Far Away'' from Nickelback was also very special to us when we were LD.

Cassian

Rough_Rock
Mine and my Fiance''s song is My Best Friend by tim mcgraw. we hadn''t had a song for years but that has always been one of my favorite songs. He videotaped his proposal to me, and then made a music video collage of our whole vacation/proposal video for me and set it to that song. so now that is our song, it will be our first dance song at the wedding.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely story Harleigh! What will the proposal be like???

Ours is ''Playing Love'' from Ennio Morricone''s "Legend of 1900"

It''s the music I''ve chosen to go up the aisle. No words just a beautiful, beautiful piece of music.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 6:22:17 PM
Author: Pandora II
That''s a lovely story Harleigh! What will the proposal be like???

Ours is ''Playing Love'' from Ennio Morricone''s ''Legend of 1900''

It''s the music I''ve chosen to go up the aisle. No words just a beautiful, beautiful piece of music.
Thanks, Pandora! He is not normally an emotional or romantic kind of guy, so I have NO idea what he might do for the proposal...I''m keeping my fingers crossed, tho! The ring is done and sitting at the jewelers, so now it is just a waiting game! Argh!!!
emteeth.gif

Harleigh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results