shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid indecisive Amanda!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
So, as everyone here knows, I have my heart set on a cushion. I can''t help it! They are so unique and classic, and pretty....and perfect. I''ve been drooling at the thought of one for a LONG time. Bostonjeff''s cushion is my background on my computer.

Then I find out Mark''s on vacation till the 17th...

Then I''m looking on whiteflashes site and I find what looks to be a pretty good deal on an x factor.

So, I show my boyfriend the stone, and he tells me to email him the link to it. I think he is going to call it in to look at it, since WF is right down the street from him work.

Now that a little time has gone by, I''m afraid that if he buys it I''m going to be sad it isn''t a cushion.
7.gif

I mean, I''ve never really liked princess cuts. But then again, I have never seen a really nice princess before.

Am I being ridiculous? My boyfriend has a very limited budget....he''s been kind of nervous about ordering online. With whiteflash he could be saving a couple of grand and he could actually go there in person.

But the x-factor isn''t the cute little pillow I''ve pictured on my finger for so long now.
39.gif

I''m so torn....I don''t know where my head is at. I''m trying to make things easier for my boyfriend.

I''m obviously thinking way too much into this since he hasn''t even bought the stone yet...and who knows...the x-factor could blow me away.

Am I being silly?

ETA: I just sent him another email telling him that if he goes to WF he should ask to see if they have any cushions that he can see in person, and then he can be the final judge. And now I feel like I''m being pushy. lol.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
No I don''t think you are being silly. Are there upgrades in your future? If no, I would tell you to be 100% sure you get your dream ring. However, I do think that dream rings can change. When I got my ring, I designed it, picked the stone, etc. It was 100% PERFECT. For maybe about 2 months..... until I decided I want something totally different! (alright...and bigger too). I find that the x-factor is gorgeous, however I don''t think it resembles the cushion that much. It''s a more angular cut to me. Cushion''s, ovals are in the same family to me. Why aren''t you looking to purchase a cushion from WF?

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
This would worry me, too! If I were you, I''d say something to him about what you''re thinking. A good deal is a good deal, but it would be sad to plan for an upgrade so soon into your engagement because you had your heart set on something else. Maybe email him a quick note and some photos of stones you like, with or without prices, so he can show them to the sales associate and they can keep him on the right track? As a fellow cushion lover, I can appreciate the X-factor''s beauty, but it''s just not my cup of tea.

Keep us posted...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember: a deal is only a deal if it is what you are looking for/need/want.

If a cushion is what you want, keep your eyes on the prize. Don't settle for something else because you might want it sooner because you might regret it down the line. Keep in mind that this could well be your forever stone. You don't want look at your X-factor and wonder what a cushion would look like in your ring.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2007 11:18:40 AM
Author: Chrono
Remember: a deal is only a deal if it is what you are looking for/need/want.

If a cushion is what you want, keep your eyes on the prize. Don''t settle for something else because you might want it sooner because you might regret it down the line. Keep in mind that this could well be your forever stone. You don''t want look at your X-factor and wonder what a cushion would look like in your ring.

YUP. In my desire to get engaged faster and to save my FI some $, I sent him a sapphire ring that I found online that was very pretty. It was about 1/2 the price of the other rings we were looking at, and he said "Are you SURE you want this instead of your cushion diamond?", I said yes, and he placed the order. The next morning I basically woke up in a cold sweat because I realized it really WASN''T what I wanted, but was trying to make it easier on him. I told him, he was upset, and it took him ANOTHER month or so to even be ready to start looking again.

So trust me, from someone who has made that mistake, make sure it''s really what you want before you have him order it.

The other thing is that as much as I love Mark, there ARE other vendors who have cushions like Knox and Good Old Gold. He might want to try calling one of them if you''re really antsy.

AND if he goes to WF in person he will need to pay sales tax, something to remember because it can be a LOT extra.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak- I remember that thread, and I thought of you yesterday when all of this was happening.

Ally- I don''t know...I guess I''ve kind of hammered it into my mind that if I want a cushion I should go to Mark and no one else.

darkeyes- I''m working on it! I''m definitely back peddaling now. I hope I''m not annoying him. haha

Chrono- So true! I definitely just threw that stone out there to make it easier on my BF, and not because I have a lot for x-factors. But I don''t know that I DON''T like them...so it''s confusing.

I was browsing the PS search engine at the top of this page, and I found a simliar priced cushion that is available on ERD''s and WF''s website. It has ex polish, ex symmetry, and it is significantly bigger than the x-factor. Table is in mid-50s.
However, the depth is shallow. (59.5!) and I''m a tad worried about the J color, although it''s got some fl. The clarity grade is SI1, but neither site has a copy of the GIA for me to see where the inclusions are or what the facet plot looks like.
40.gif
It could still be a good stone...I have no idea. I emailed it to my boyfriend to check out.

Bleh. I really hate posting all the info on stones that I''m looking at. lol. I wish PS still had a PM feature!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Annoying him, ha! My boyfriend never had any illusions about whether it would be best if we went to ERD together. At that point, we were going to choose the diamond together and then he''d custom design the setting. Then I found a setting I liked, so he went with that. There''s seriously no surprise except the proposal left. To me, though, I''d rather have my situation than an unpleasant surprise like so many I''ve read about on PS. Is your boyfriend dead set on surprising you, or do you think he''d be more relieved to have your help and know that the diamond would be guaranteed to thrill you? I guess there''s not graceful way to finagle your way into the appointment, but it sounds to me like you''d love to be there with him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results