shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well we''re leaving on Friday for our trip to NY and I can''t wait to go. D and I are purchasing our e-ring over there and while it was never confirmed that he was going to do it over there, I was secretly hoping that he would. Well he''s not. He said that he wanted it to be special and a surprise and that he can never do it as a surprise while we''re over there as I would always suspect something wherever we go (which is true!, but still..). So I asked well when are you planning to do it and his answer was soon. Well we all know the difference between girl soon and boy soon, which I told him and asked him what soon meant to him-his answer-within a year! How is that soon to a man-I honestly just do not get it. He asked me what soon was for me and I told him within about 3 weeks. We came to the conclusion that he would do it by the end of the year. Im just so over being a LIW and I was really hoping that he would do it over there. I mean why buy the ring if you aren''t going to do it! It just doesn''t make sense to me-how can he wait so long. I don''t even want a surprise proposal and when I told him that, he told me that it''s something that he wants to do! I don''t know if I can wait up to another 6 months-the thoughts of it is driving me mental. I know that if it doesn''t happen this summer it won''t happen until christmas as once Im back to college Im not going to have time for a nice break anywhere or anything like that for him to do a surprise and he doesn''t want to do it at home. Thanks for listening to my rant!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Aw...maybe he is trying to trick you!

He could be trying to throw you off...
It would be mean to make you wait six months!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
I concur - I bet it''s a trick! My friend went through the exact situation you are. And he did propose on the trip - he just wanted it to be somewhat of a suprise. So unless he''s got other plans of a particular special date, then I''d place my money on a proposal during your trip.

Although now that I think of it, if you''re just purchasing your ring on your trip, he may want to wait a bit to give it to you. But I don''t know of any guy that could hold on to a ring for 6 months!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bee,

I think he''ll do it sooner than he''s letting on! He''s probably trying to throw you off with the 6 months thing. He said he wants to surprise you...maybe he''ll pop the question 6 days after your trip or shortly thereafter. I really doubt it''ll be 6 months. Hang in there!

-Sugarplum

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Bee, I hope he''s just teasing you! If he''s not though, I feel your pain, girl. This whole LIW business is getting OLD for me, too, and I don''t even know if he has the ring yet! He is talking to our jeweler, and I know that the ring is in the process of being designed, if it isn''t finished already, but now I''m in your boat--enough already, let''s have it!

I hope you have a lovely holiday regardless of whether you come home with that ring on or not! And don''t forget--you are not alone in your frustration!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls! It really helps to come here and get other peoples opinions on it and to know that Im not alone! I really don''t think that he is messing-when he does things he does them properly and I can tell that if he is going to surprise me, he will take ages coming up with a good plan. Men
14.gif
I was so upset the other day, but now I''ve thought about it, I am going to enjoy my holiday and I get to try on my ring, and he''d better let me take pictures before it goes into hiding

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
have fun on your vacation--he''s probably trying to throw you off since you are involved iin the buying process.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe he IS trying to trick you.

I agree that there is a difference in "boy soon" and "girl soon" during the initial engagement process-- but as soon as they have that ring in hand, it seems like "boy soon" turns into "little kid at Christmas soon." Hopefully you will be engaged soon (oh boy, here we go again with the soons). At any rate, enjoy your trip. Try not to think too much about it and just have fun.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks-Im so hoping that he does it "girl soon". I really don''t think that he will do it over there though-he is as easy to read as a book so I really think that I''d know if he was planning it. Ah well, I''ll have 8 lovely nights in NY and a trip to Tiffanys to look forward to so Im going to enjoy the holiday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results