shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting a little upset here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I don't have anything useful to add, but just wanted to give you some virtual hugs!!!! You'll get through this, promise!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no Gypsy, I hope your networking turns up something promising for you. That really stinks. Sending positive job vibes your way!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am so sorry to hear about your job. Good luck on your new lead. Wishing you the best.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Monarch, I'm so sorry! I missed your thread on that.
7.gif

Well, my boss and I talked out a game plan. Apparently the reason Operations is required to take the extra week off, is we are the most likely to be needed the week before Christmas. So, we apportioned my PTO and everything in the least damaging way.

I am going to meet with that guy next week about contract work.

And I'm looking for a new job.

Our biggest competitor is not doing shut downs. They are doing lay offs now instead. I don't know which on is worse.
40.gif

Thank you everyone for your good vibes. I appreciate it very much. And thank you for for all the ((HUGS)).

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow - bad news Gypsy. This sounds like it''s becoming a part time job!

I can only guess that you must be associated with the homebuilding industry or an associated support industry. Little else is in the can the way they are. If so, you better flee. It''s gonna be a while before that comes back. (Barring some unique circumstances I can think of.)

I hope this gives you an opportunity to go on to something else you really find more remunerative and fun. Sorry you keep getting bad news from them.
7.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gyspy, don''t worry, I didn''t start a thread for my job loss, I just posted about it on the WWT last week. I was quite annoyed at the suddenness of it all, but I chose to view it as an opportunity and I''m trying to be positive about it. Last thing I need is to get down in the dumps about losing a job I really didn''t love anyway. You know the saying "where one door closes, another opens"? Yes, a total cliche, but it''s held true in my life so far! This latest news for your work situation is probably another example of this, I know it''s a PITA but hopefully it will turn out to be a blessing. Take care, and good luck with everything!
35.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, so sorry you are dealing with this. I''ve been checking out other options, too, as I haven''t been getting enough work to make my hours (grrrr). I did see some listlings on usajobs (the federal government''s hiring site) for contract administrators/negotiators. might be worth a look for you. government pay isn''t the very best, but it certainly beats shutdowns!! if i come across or hear about anything, i''ll let you know. are you looking just in CA or thinking of coming back east? best of luck!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon, I don't know if all of the housing industry is in the can around here...I have a friend who works for a prominent builder in the BayArea and it sounds like that company is doing fine, she was just telling me that one of their latest developments just sold out. It seems like people are still lining up to buy new, resale is taking a hit but also I see houses that go up on the market that have a sale pending within a week, and others that languish for months. It seems very random but I am sure pricing has much to do with it...some start out what I would consider high but then once they drop down around $50k it sells. Too bad we aren't looking to 'upgrade' right now (because we are probably just going to move away) because now would be a great time cost wise as I believe our thouse has held it's value pretty well.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
I''m so sorry. Do remember that you have good experience and a great JD under your belt.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 10:36:16 AM
Author: Mara
Beacon, I don''t know if all of the housing industry is in the can around here...I have a friend who works for a prominent builder in the BayArea and it sounds like that company is doing fine, she was just telling me that one of their latest developments just sold out. It seems like people are still lining up to buy new, resale is taking a hit but also I see houses that go up on the market that have a sale pending within a week, and others that languish for months. It seems very random but I am sure pricing has much to do with it...some start out what I would consider high but then once they drop down around $50k it sells. Too bad we aren''t looking to ''upgrade'' right now (because we are probably just going to move away) because now would be a great time cost wise as I believe our thouse has held it''s value pretty well.
True for our immediate area, b/c employment is very strong. But if you drive towards Sacramento, for example, it''s a total disaster. Tons of bank owned property and very serious price reductions. Haven''t seen anything like it in years. You should go see - amazing. I have watched brand new houses in Roseville go from $650 to $489, new from the builder. Makes me want to move, I''ll tell ya. 3000 square, brand new, $489K. Yup.

If our bay area sees a little employment unstability, (and there are some vague signs) watch out below!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Beacon, no I work in tech R&D and manuifacturing Silicon Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results