shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:54:41 PM
Author: Harriet
I like to walk, just not hike. Be forewarned that Singapore is as hot and muggy as they come.
That is what I heard from my friend. What time of year is best to go? Nov-Feb?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nov-Dec. I hope you''re an adventurous eater!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 3:05:49 PM
Nov-Dec. I hope you're an adventurous eater!
Harriet, It will need to be next Nov-Dec. I am not an adventurous eater, I will try to be. What are you thinking of having me eat
23.gif

ETA: Hubby love trying all kinds of food so I am sure you can get him to try anything
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing gross. I myself am a scaredy cat.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm.

Sun. Sand-- white, black pink... BLUE BLUE WATER. At an ULTRA luxury resort somewhere that has waterfalls, lush tropical foliage. Lots of peace and privacy... with an amazing coral reef to go scuba driving in. The canopy covered beach front ''bed'' things with a drink flag or something so that you can be waited on all day long. A short boat ride to somewhere ALIVE for a night on the town. And fabulous food, wine list and a Conde Nast top 5 spa. Also want a LOVELY personal pool/ plunge bath and for two. And a HUGE spa for two bathtub with incredible massaging jets.

Amazing sunsets.

And a winning lottery ticket funding me for the entire two-three weeks I''m there.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 9:28:57 PM
Author:Harriet
Ok, since most of you said you''d choose travel over jewellery, what is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation would mean taking off for a couple years and not returning LOL Hmm.... I always wanted (since I was a teen) to bop around the lesser known south pacific islands.... that''s my tropical dream vacation... my touristy dream vacation would be hitting everywhere in europe from sweeden to italy.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have barely been anywhere...I''d love to go to Italy, Greece, and Hawaii. My top 3 list right now.
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:36:32 PM
Author: AmandaPanda
Well, since I'm leaving for my honeymoon in South Africa on Thursday (yea, I'm married!) I would have to say that's my dream trip.

However, I've never been to France and I would love to go to Paris and the South of France.
Congratulations Amanda! Have a fabulous trip! I'd love to visit South Africa someday. Please be sure to show us lots of pictures when you get back!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 7:44:26 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
My dream vacation would mean taking off for a couple years and not returning LOL Hmm.... I always wanted (since I was a teen) to bop around the lesser known south pacific islands.... that''s my tropical dream vacation... my touristy dream vacation would be hitting everywhere in europe from sweeden to italy.
With or without the kids?
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 8:11:57 PM
Author: snlee

Date: 6/25/2007 2:36:32 PM
Author: AmandaPanda
Well, since I''m leaving for my honeymoon in South Africa on Thursday (yea, I''m married!) I would have to say that''s my dream trip.

However, I''ve never been to France and I would love to go to Paris and the South of France.
Congratulations Amanda! Have a fabulous trip! I''d love to visit South Africa someday. Please be sure to show us lots of pictures when you get back!
Ditto here! Have a wonderful time and we can''t wait for pics
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My dream vacation (at the moment):

1. 6 months-1 year timeframe
2. Endless supply of $$$
3. A roundtrip ticket to anywhere in Europe (I started to time yourope, how silly!) as a starting point
4. A map
5. My suitcase
6. No plans, just adventure/venturing

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:29:33 PM

Date: 6/24/2007 10:29:12 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, Ind Girl those pics are breath taking! You have been to so many wonderful places!

I forgot to say I want to go to Singapore and Bali.
Skippypie,
I''m afraid there is not much to do in Singapore beside eating and shopping.
Do we need anything else???
2.gif
It sounds like Hong Kong. I need to add Singapore to my future Asian itinerary. Of course I actually enjoy doing other things, but eating and shopping can certainly make for a fantastic vacation!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I was brought up on a lesser known pacific island.

sadly the films don''t show you: the rats, the mosquitos, the lack of fresh water - so you have to always bath/shower in salt water, what happens when you live on a coral atoll and you slightly cut yourself (not pretty believe me), the ship only arrives once a month so by the end of the month there is nothing to east but fish, rice and coconuts which gets very boring!

Go for a BIG pacific island, trust me
19.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wow Pandora! I know you''ll think this is a bit freaky, but the little adventuress in me thinks that actually sounds AMAZING! Gives it an extra zing. Maybe not for years, though. And maybe not as a kid. Or for a honeymoon.

I''m the sort of person who (strangely) thinks a holiday was more exciting and fun if it involved a run in with giant centipedes or impassible flooded roads or a boat almost sinking. I''m a sucker for adventure I guess. Maybe that''s just because I''ve always managed to come out ok. I''d probably change my mind if things ever got TOO hairy.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 10:13:46 PM
Author: Sundial
Do we need anything else???
2.gif
It sounds like Hong Kong. I need to add Singapore to my future Asian itinerary. Of course I actually enjoy doing other things, but eating and shopping can certainly make for a fantastic vacation!
I may be biased, but the eating is out of this world. There''s not much by way of scenery though, unlike HK.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 12:46:54 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Wow Pandora! I know you''ll think this is a bit freaky, but the little adventuress in me thinks that actually sounds AMAZING! Gives it an extra zing. Maybe not for years, though. And maybe not as a kid. Or for a honeymoon.

I''m the sort of person who (strangely) thinks a holiday was more exciting and fun if it involved a run in with giant centipedes or impassible flooded roads or a boat almost sinking. I''m a sucker for adventure I guess. Maybe that''s just because I''ve always managed to come out ok. I''d probably change my mind if things ever got TOO hairy.
How about going to see the giant Gippsland worms?
9.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
9.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif" width="15 border=0"> http://www.australianfauna.com/giantgippslandearthworm.php

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I actually just saw a documentary about those! So...wonderfully...disgusting!

I would TOTALLY go to Aussieland just to see those. Really. I would.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which channel? I wanna see.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It was on a DVD from netflix (I actually don''t have a tv). I''m pretty sure it was David Attenborough "Life in the Undergrowth", DVD 1. But I watch a lot of docs (nature nerd here) so I''m not 100% that that was the one.

That series is FANTASTIC, as are "Life of Mammals" and "Life of Birds". Amazing footage... you can actually hear the footsteps of the ants and things. And Mr. Attenborough is so charming and informative.

Now that we''re engaged, I''m trying to convince FI that we should go to Australia to see those worms for our honeymoon. He is not, uh...., convinced.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you read Bill Bryson''s description of the worms? It''s hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results