shape
carat
color
clarity

Looks like i''m going to be waiting till July...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock

Hi All,

Have been looking around and reading all the posts for a while and have finally decided to take the plunge and share...kinda new to posting stuff :)

I finally found a beautiful engagement ring...am absolutely in love with it and we are having it custom made...i can''t wait to see what it will look like in person as i only saw it in pictures...i had originally seen a very similar ring in person (and tried it on several times LOL!) and then came across this one and it was meant to be...it has somewhere around 1.5 ct in small diamonds in the setting and a peridot centre stone...2.24 ct. in a beautiful green shade (BF''s birthstone and i have always loved the colour!).

We are taking a trip to Quebec City (here in Canada) next weekend and both my BF and I can''t wait to go! the only down side is that the ring was suppose to be ready for today...and it''s not...i figured that my BF would propose on that trip as Quebec City is so romantic and beautiful (i have been there before with my parents...ok...admittedly not that romantic with them but still beautiful LOL!)...

We won''t be able to get the ring till second week of July...so i have at least another month to wait...kinda down about missing that wonderful opportunity in Quebec City but i''m sure that we''ll have a great time anyway as we can''t wait to get away for an extended long weekend together.

The wait is horrible though...i can''t wait to see the ring and am hoping that it turns out as perfect as the beautiful picture and then there is the proposal - he''s so cute...he''s been planning it for a while, for Quebec (he finally admitted that part), and now he''s gotta come up with a whole new plan.

I''m both excited and nervous and just full of anticipation and just had to share finally!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on being almost there!

Where are you in Canada? I''m a Montrealer, so it''s the first thing I noticed...
28.gif

I remember how difficult the waiting was last year for me. We chose the ring in late May, it was done (custom) by late June, and then I had to wait for my then-BF to judt go and pick it up... I waited until July 14th.

It was hard and it drove me crazy! So I can sympathize. Take deep breaths and keep busy; that really helped for me.

Looks like you''ll be the second PS LIW to get proposed to in QC this summer! BeeBelle is going this coming weekend! The Quebecer that I am is very proud that my beloved province is chosen as the perfect place to propose.
5.gif
25.gif

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
Thank you! We''re in Toronto and are so excited to be going to Quebec City - even if the proposal doesn''t happen at that point...since the ring won''t be ready till July i don''t think he''ll propose without it all thought i have joked about hoping to find it (or a rubber band at this point) in a croissant over a morning latte LOL! He has been mentioning that we should go to Montreal as its so close so who know''s maybe we''ll go there after the ring is ready...so excited!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh, fellow Canadian, we love that! I love your screen name by the way, it made me smile. There''s another member from Ontario that''s taking a trip to Quebec City and hoping for an engagement too. Small world! Your ring sounds divine. I actually saw a woman with a very large green stone for an engagement ring (I don''t know gemstones that well) and it was stunning! I couldn''t stop staring at it.

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
Thanks Alleycat! i can''t wait to go...4 days and counting till our trip! I think the other LIW who has just gone is BeeBelle not sure for how long though...can''t wait to see if she comes back something new and sparkely! fingers crossed! might start a trend LOL!

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
Ooopsie just noticed i got your name wrong...sorry Allycat!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
The good news is that July is right around the corner!!
36.gif

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
Yes it is...its just hard to be patient but i will try LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results