shape
carat
color
clarity

What color shoes with navy pants?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of navy dress pants? Are they too "old fashioned" looking? I actually look much better in navy than black and am considering getting a navy pants suit. But I don''t want to look to "IBM" either. I like the stretch wool pants from JCrew (I just got them in black) and am thinking down the road, navy would be another decent color option. I actually really wish they would do a chocolate brown.

If I do get the navy pants, what color shoes? Will black or brown work or do I need navy shoes too?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of navy pants that I LOVE. I always wear (dark) brown shoes with them. If you had a suit and your shirt underneath had a gray or black pinstripe, I'd wear black.

Navy shoes and navy pants doesn't sound right to me...it would be too much, I think.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love navy! I think it''s totally classic. I think you can wear any color except black with navy pants. Ok, maybe not bright red--then you might look like an American flag.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, any color but black.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
If it helps, I tend to wear tan/nude or pewter/grey shoes with navy. But I agree about the difficulty; my fiance has a pair of Prada navy slacks that he *loves*, but always double-checks with me before leaving the house whether his shoes match for fear of making a huge sartorial faux pas!

So, IslandDreams... magic pants from JCrew, eh? Might you have a link?
31.gif

f-d-l

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pink!

(But really, any color but black. And I''d be careful with brown too.)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
What? No black shoes with navy... no way... Of COURSE you can wear black shoes with navy...It looks so much better than brown imo....especially black patent leather shoes with navy or how about a pair of nude or pewter shoes??? That's a super hot look. Who am I Paris Hilton? That's hot. LOL...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MMM, I just think it''s hard to get the look you''re talking about when pairing navy pants with black shoes. It has to be the RIGHT navy, meaning (imo) the navy can''t be so dark it''s barely discernible from black. I guess to me if you have a super dark navy pant with a black shoe it''s kind of like wearing one navy sock and one black sock because you got dressed in a dimly lit room that morning. Now let''s say we have a situation like what you''re talking about, a true navy pant that is on the lighter side, with black patent shoes? I can see how that might work. Wow, am I splitting hairs here, or what? LOL.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Pink, chocolate brown, silverish grey...

anything that goes with navy in decorating can be matched in clothing

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Nah, I still think that''s an outdated rule and black patent goes with everything and all shades of blue....yah know, since I''m so stylish
face20.gif
My favorite is a patent nude though...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like brown w/navy; that is what I usually would wear to work when I wore my navy pants.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...this is so interesting. In London, where everyone seems to dress way more fashionably than here, my DH and I saw TONS of women and men wearing navy clothes (especially business stuff) with black shoes. And I actually just ready in one of my women''s magazines taht its no longer a faux pas. That said, I think you have to go with what you are most comfortable with, but I definitely think that black shoes with navy business clothes are OK (though apparently I''m in the minority on that).

I actually recently wore black pumps with a navy pinstriped suit to a couple of job interviews and I thought it worked nicely
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Stacy and Clinton say to pair black and blue - they''re both neutral. Just sayin ;-)

Here''s one that I''ve done with my navy pants - I have a pair of steve maddens that have a green/brown/blue or black wool material (something dark, but it''s just flecks so it''s hard to tell). I totally rock those with navy.

The only color I''d say is a MAJOR don''t is white - unless you''re going for the sailor look.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, the so called reasoning behind the don''t wear black and navy together is because it can look like you got dressed in the dark. So if you make it look deliberate, I''m all for it. You know, black shirt, navy pants, black shoes, black and navy jewelry, or something like that, but if you have say a white shirt with black shoes and navy pants, it looks like you don''t match.

So essentially, I''d say you need to put together cohesive outfits.

And I agree with Monnie.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Metallic..with matching accessories. Pewter..silver..even gold (a matte color rather than shiny) when choosing shoes.
Metallics are so in..make a statement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results