shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Question?.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious Ladies... How many of you have told your bf''s about being on pricescope and discussing all that we do?

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine knows-he calls it my "weird forum", but he thinks its really funny. He knew that I came onto here to learn about diamonds originally as we''re picking ours together so he doesnt mind. Hey, he looks a fishing forums-I think thats weird
3.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
He knows about the sight, I have pointed in the direction of the tools but not the forums.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
My bf does.

He laughs and shakes his head!
He's glad I have people to talk to though, so he is supportive.
31.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes! I haven't. I was here for my last relationship (nearly six years). I'm just coming up on my 1yr anniversary with my current bf, so I wouldn't want to scare him away!

I still like to pipe in once in a while, and mooch off the recipes thread in family&home. Not a LIW yet.

bec

Rough_Rock
I have, he just laughs at me every time he sees me on here:)

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
nah he doesnt but he really wouldnt be all that suprised if he did...LOL

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock
No way. I came here out of frustration due to being together for almost 5 years with no proposal while it was happening to everyone around me. Actually, this is kinda funny, but the first time I looked at this site, I saw what I thought was a spiderweb in the top left corner of the screen and though it was some kind of goth forum, so I didn''t come back for a long while. Then I stumbled on it again and realized what it was and what this forum is about and it changed my life! I realized...
1. that I am not crazy!!
2. and I know nothing about diamonds

I am so grateful for finding ps, I educated myself about diamonds, then I educated my best friend, who educated my boyfriend when he asked her for opinions on a ring for me!

I now wear a platinum set 1.2 D cushion with .4 each E trapezoid side stones!

I still don''t want him to know about it though......my little secret

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh.....he knows. It freaked him out for a while, but after we had a serious talk (ugh, a serious talk about a fun website??? I didn''t flip when I saw **** on his computer, and yet indulging my love of pretty, shiny things forced a *talk*) he relaxed. I''m hoping that when the time comes he checks out his computer''s history and comes here to educate himself!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! And he knows that I am constantly looking at this site.

I am hoping that he will use all the information on here to buy me somthing pretty and fiery...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
He knows, and like Bee''s boyfriend he just shakes his head and laughs. I think I someone on here said their boyfriend calls PS her "girl ****"--how true!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
You girls are too funny! I have to agree that this is totally Girl ****! It''s my guilty little pleasure!!!
emwink.gif
And I love it! I''m not even sure how I found this site to be honest with you, but it too made me realize that I am not alone in the quest for the pretty rock... LOL! I absolutely love checking everybodys stuff out. It has opened my eyes to so much in the world of diamonds. I wish I would have found this site before we went and designed the ring (the one I still don''t have!), I think we would have felt more comfortable picking out a diamond.
Anyway Ladies, thanx for making me feel welcome here, and for sharing all your stories and pictures. I don''t know what I would do without my daily Girl ****!!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 11:32:09 AM
Author: BeeBelle
My bf does.

He laughs and shakes his head!
He''s glad I have people to talk to though, so he is supportive.
31.gif

Hhaha mine does exactly the same thing! he knows i''m always here..and says "What..ur still surfing on there"? (He already has the ring and is hiding it from me)...i just keep telling him it doesn''t hurt to keep looking..PS gives me great ideas!!!! and i keep pointing out pictures to him that "i like"!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, my boyfriend calls it "girl ****", haha.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Boy does he know about this website - known as "your gem ****".

He likes me looking at this site as it makes me happy.

I used to read him out proposal stories - so he knew he had to manage a good one!

He also saw lots of rings and picked out the Pokey Special as the sort of thing he''d like me to have, so it was a big help in many ways!

I''d be mortified if he read my posts though! Mind you, we never touch each others phones or laptops so it''s unlikely he''d go snooping through my posts.

hilbake

Rough_Rock
My bf knows... he comes home from work, see me on the computer and says, "How''s Mara doing?"
Haha, I think that says it all!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My bf of 8 yrs totally knows, I''m on here all the time. He calls it my ''diamond ****''...it''s funny that all of our guys came up with some kind of ''****'' description for PS. It must be universal guy logic b/c I know that my guy hasn''t read any comments from here before!

I must also add that LIW has offered a lot of relief to my engagement anxiety, I honestly didn''t think there were other women that have been dating for 8 years that wanted to get married! I thought I was a freak and blame(d) my bf for making me wait so long. It offers a teensy bit of hope that one day it will happen if I don''t drive him away from talking about it EVERY day
1.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
I have - and he''s happy about it. I keep telling him about the wealth of knowledge that all the PS''ers have. He''s especially happy since he found out that PS''ers get 5% off from Whiteflash, since that''s where i''m getting my ering from
31.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
The BF knows about the site. I just recently registered as a member but I was a long time lurker (4 or 5 years). I mentioned the site to him a number of times during those years. Before we decided to shop for the ring together, I directed him here for information and research on stones. I figure if I wasn''t going to be involved in the selection/purchasing process, then he''d be in good hands if he checked out Pricescope!
2.gif

Kristie76

Rough_Rock
I actually found out about this sight through my bf. He went on here to search diamond. I don''t think he knows I''m on hear venting about waiting... But if he does go on here, it won''t take him too long to know I''m on here. Mainly because my username is the same for EVERY forum I''m on. LOL. I''m sure he''ll just shake his head and smile if he sees I have a support group on PS.
25.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I found price scope by accident. I was googling my ring specs to see if I could find a retailer or someone who actually had the ring. I found a picture and sent it to my bf so yeah he knows. He''s just happy that I have someone to talk to and that this makes me realize that i''m not crazy. I love this site and he just laughs at me.
3.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I told FI abt pricescope long ago, since way before our engagement. He's not interested in other pple's threads, but when I posted pics of our diamond here, he wanted to know what EVERYONE said! He's also amazed that I started on the LIW list as No.99 and "graduated" at No. 19 all in a matter of 7 months.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, he knew the very day I found this site. I was so excited and then would tell him what was going on with folks. He has gotten used to hearing me say the screen names but still laughs when I use them like real names...well, they are real names to me...I know who I''m talking about....lol! Sometimes he will ask me what the names mean and I have to admit I have no idea. He does come and sit with me sometimes if I run across a very interesting or funny post...and he played a big part in my diamond choice so I was proud that he wanted to educate himself, too. We have laughed hysterically at the Good, Bad and Ugly post and the comments made. He thinks I''m on here too much, sometimes, so I have to limit myself...but it''s all good!

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
My SO knows...i couldn''t wait to tell him once i found this place and found the LIW list...i''ve show the forums to him and have read some of the posts to him...mostly the proposal ones!...he doesn''t mind and i think he even likes listening to the stories sometimes...mostly he''s just glad that i have found an outlet for some of my anxiety and now he doesn''t have to hear about it all the time.
36.gif

Jewlz0718

Rough_Rock
I''m new here...been lurking around for a while and finally decided to join. I told him about this site and he just smiles. We''ve been talking about rings for a while. At least I can say that I''m learning A LOT about diamonds from being on here. At least I can come here and not be the only one waiting. It''s nice to know there are others like me.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results