shape
carat
color
clarity

wedded bliss (and bling!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby and I got married on the 22nd of May, so I thought I would share my wedding set
1.gif

I posted the original pics for my wedding ring a couple of months ago. It had three .03 diamonds hammer set in the centre, but on the honeymoon it drove me nuts that the diamonds kept shifting slightly on my hand as the band moved. Rings don''t really spin on my hand, but they do move a little.

The day after we got back from our honeymoon, DH and I took my band back to our jeweller to have two more diamonds added (as some clever PS-ers had suggested a few months back!) so that the diamonds would span the whole top of the band. This is the result.

There is a slight mistake in the way the jeweller set the new diamonds. Can anyone spot the difference? If you can, do you think it''s worth taking back to get it fixed??

wlftrswedset1.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
more..

wlftrswedset2.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock

wlftrswedset3.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
The band on its own. I really wanted a sparkly stand alone band, but didn''t want the hassle of worrying about diamonds falling out (as I am a bit of a klutz).

wlftrsnewwedring1.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. Thank you for letting me share
2.gif

wlftrsnewwedring2.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wolftress, congratulations! Your rings are beautiful! The only possible mistake I can see in your pics is possibly just a shadow and nothing more, but it looks to me like there is a shadow between the center diamond and the one to the right when viewing from top...I don''t know what could cause it besides the lighting when you took the pics, maybe something''s going on there? Dunno...I could be way off base here. But if there is a mistake that only you notice and it bugs you then I''d say it''s definitely worth taking back to the jeweler and having it corrected. Otherwise, your wedding set is fab, and good choice on the wedding band, it looks great and also looks like it would take a beating, lol, without much damage!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Lol, wolftress...I just adore your quote! Congrats on getting married and really love your new wedding set! It is stunning
30.gif
30.gif
and oh so perfect for your hands (I have hammy hands...and lots of hand envy
31.gif
). The only possible thing I can make out from the pics is that one diamond may be set a bit farther into the band than the others, but like monarch pointed out, it could just be a shadow. I really had to search for that, though, and will be interested to read what the ''flaw'' is because your set really does look perfect
2.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Monarch and Bloom
1.gif
Monarch, I really hope it can take a beating! I am often swinging my hand around and hitting my ring on things.

The jeweller actually left a rather large gap between the original three diamonds and the two additional ones. What worries me is that DH spotted it as soon as he saw the band, and DH isn''t a ''jewellery person'', so I think it must be fairly obvious to the average person. I find it hard to judge based on my own standards as I''m a ''crazy obsessive jewellery person''
4.gif

But I am hesitant to give up my wedding ring again... I wear it all the time and love the significance of it. It brings a smile to my face every time I look at it because it reminds me of DH bursting into tears as he put it on my finger (maybe he realised how much more bling he would have to buy in the future
31.gif
)

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2007 5:53:07 AM
Author: wolftress
Thank you, Monarch and Bloom
1.gif
Monarch, I really hope it can take a beating! I am often swinging my hand around and hitting my ring on things.

The jeweller actually left a rather large gap between the original three diamonds and the two additional ones. What worries me is that DH spotted it as soon as he saw the band, and DH isn''t a ''jewellery person'', so I think it must be fairly obvious to the average person. I find it hard to judge based on my own standards as I''m a ''crazy obsessive jewellery person''
4.gif

But I am hesitant to give up my wedding ring again... I wear it all the time and love the significance of it. It brings a smile to my face every time I look at it because it reminds me of DH bursting into tears as he put it on my finger (maybe he realised how much more bling he would have to buy in the future
31.gif
)
As long as the two newer diamonds and gaps are symmetrical/the same on both sides...I don''t think it would bother me. I can totally understand about not wanting to take it back to the jewelers too. If it will bother you, though, I would try and have it fixed under the condition that the jeweler understands what you want fixed. That is really impressive that your DH noticed and that is really sweet about him being emotional when he put your ring on your finger
1.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking and looking, and I can''t see the spacing difference between the diamonds. Maybe the pics just aren''t big enough, but I suspect it''s in part due to the perspective effect. Looking from the top down, I think the eye attributes any difference it sees in spacing as just the band starting to wrap around your finger. Does that make sense? It''s probably much more obvious to you as the person wearing it, since you can turn the band as you look at it to inspect it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! Congratulations on your marriage! And I love the comment about your husband bursting into tears thinking about all the diamonds he''s going to be buying you! Hilarious!

I can''t really tell the difference in diamond spacing from the pictures but if it''s obvious to you in real life and it bugs you, I think you should definitely get it fixed. I''m not really sure how hard it would be to fix, though. Maybe an expert can chime in!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, the gap isn''t symmetrical. The diamonds have been set [x x x x x] with an extra gap between the third and the fourth diamond. I think the jeweller did this so that the placement of the two new diamonds would not affect the engraving inside the band. At the moment, the last drill hole goes through an ''a'' in the inscription.

I''m also worried about how to re-set a hammerset diamond. Wouldn''t the jeweller have to pop the diamonds out again and fill the holes, then start over? Any expert advice would be appreciated
1.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your marriage! Your rings look so pretty on your hand. I can understand why it might bother you about the spacing of the stones. I''m guessing if they''re set into the band, they''d have to re-make the ring, yes? In any case, because it is not symmetrical, if it were me, I''d ask them to re-make the ring and space the stones evenly. You should probably also tell the jeweler specifically how far to space each one so he does it the way you want it and you get it back perfect!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your wedding! I think you have a beautiful set but if it bothers you, you should get it fixed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful! But I agree with those who said the ring would probably have to be remade as opposed to fixing that one.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your rings are beautiful. From the pictures, I can''t tell the the spacing is not symmetrical. But from your description, that would bug me. If it bothers you, I''d get the ring remade. It''s gorgeous though!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful set!!!

the uneven spacing of the stones would drive me nuts too, I''d get it fixed.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I wore my wedding ring for a few more days and decided the lack of symmetry REALLY nagged at me every time I looked at it, so DH and I made a trip back to the jewellery store yesterday.

The shop is charging me $100 to fix the mistake!!! I am outraged, but DH thinks it''s to be expected. And to make things worse, the salesperson I dealt with wasn''t interested in my specifics about how I wanted the diamonds to be re-set. I told him I wanted them to be evenly spaced and to span the whole top of the band. He just vaguely nodded and said, ''yes, yes.''

Sigh. I am without my wedding ring again for two weeks, and my finger feels so lonely. I cannot believe that I am being charged for what is obviously an error on the jeweller''s part. Is this normal?? The salesperson said it''s like tiling a floor, if you add tiles, you can''t guarantee they will be perfectly placed. No one at the store told me this when we went to add the diamonds. If I had known, I wouldn''t have risked it at all.

Just had to vent... DH doesn''t understand why I am so outraged...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your rings are beautiful! I love it; Congratulations!
35.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 2:38:40 AM
Author: wolftress
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I wore my wedding ring for a few more days and decided the lack of symmetry REALLY nagged at me every time I looked at it, so DH and I made a trip back to the jewellery store yesterday.

The shop is charging me $100 to fix the mistake!!! I am outraged, but DH thinks it''s to be expected. And to make things worse, the salesperson I dealt with wasn''t interested in my specifics about how I wanted the diamonds to be re-set. I told him I wanted them to be evenly spaced and to span the whole top of the band. He just vaguely nodded and said, ''yes, yes.''

Sigh. I am without my wedding ring again for two weeks, and my finger feels so lonely. I cannot believe that I am being charged for what is obviously an error on the jeweller''s part. Is this normal?? The salesperson said it''s like tiling a floor, if you add tiles, you can''t guarantee they will be perfectly placed. No one at the store told me this when we went to add the diamonds. If I had known, I wouldn''t have risked it at all.

Just had to vent... DH doesn''t understand why I am so outraged...

I think that''s absolutely ridiculous! It is an obvious mistake on their part. Is there a manager or owner there you can talk to? I would call up and ask to speak to a manager or owner and explain to them that the ring is obviously asymmetrical and it''s their fault. Therefore, you should NOT have to pay to fix it. If they refuse to fix it for you free of charge, I would seriously consider taking your business elsewhere. Being charged $100 to have them fix their mistake is INSANE!

And the analogy about tiling the floor makes no sense at all and is beyond stupid! If you do it right, the tiles are guaranteed to be straight! Grrrrr!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your wedding set. I think the band is really unique.

Hopefully you can talk to someone there at the store. Maybe the jeweler. If I had two stones to add I would have added one on each side of the origional 3 that would make it easier to space them. I know that from rubber stamping not from setting diamonds LOL. But maybe he didn''t want to mess up the engraving like you thought. Talk to someone and find out. It would bother me that the SA brushed my concerns aside. Is that the one you''ve worked with before?

Then show us some more photos.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
If the placement of the stones asymmetrically was a decision based on working around the engraving and not a mistake, the jeweler should have stopped what he was doing and consulted you first. He could easily have made a phone call and said "listen, I can do what you asked, but here''s the problem...." and given his advice for alternatives. Since he DIDN''T, then regardless if it was a choice or just sloppy work it was definitely a screw-up and you should NOT be charged to fix it. Definitely ask for the manager or owner, and if that doesn''t work, make sure they know you will be calling the BBB and taking your business elsewhere from now on.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty wedding set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results