shape
carat
color
clarity

WF earring jackets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snbtwins

Rough_Rock
Hi. I would like to order earring jackets for my .50 TCW studs. I would like the studs to sit as flush as possible with the halo of diamonds, how do I make sure of that? I was looking at the ones on Whiteflash and Diamond Doctor.

Thanks.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi, I asked WF about this as I have 0.48 ctw studs and they said there might be a bit of an airline (space) between the stud and the jacket (I was looking at the smallest ones, for 0.3ct studs), but shouldn''t be too noticeable. I asked whether I should get them custom made to fit perfectly and they said no, these would work.

If you do a search on ''WF earring jackets'' there are a few threads with pictures. I think the thing to keep in mind when looking at pics is that the metal and space is always more noticeable than IRL.

Also, they have a good return policy, so if they don''t fit you can return them! Order them, and post pics...hehe
9.gif
11.gif
12.gif
J/K, I have just been dying to see them with studs that size!

I haven''t checked out Diamond Doctor, hopefully someone else can chime in.

snbtwins

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I also want to make sure that my stud doesn''t stick out too far from the jacket. I guess that all depends on how high my diamond is set, right?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, I read too fast, I totally missed that! I'm sure if you email them they can tell you the depth of the halo.

I think most studs are pretty standard depth (besides bezel/martini, which to me seem to sit a little lower although I've never seen any IRL).

ETA: I meant most studs that are the same size are of standard depth

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of style setting? Martini, bezel, or prong?

snbtwins

Rough_Rock
I will ask about the depth, thanks.

My studs are prong set.

mikebzt

Rough_Rock
Quick question... should the earring fit right into the jacket? I guess i am a bit confused

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 2:07:36 PM
Author: mikebzt
Quick question... should the earring fit right into the jacket? I guess i am a bit confused

Yes, the earring fits right into the jacket, but sometimes there is a bit of an airline/space between the diamond and jacket depending on the size.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
It also depends what style studs you have. Martini style tend to recess well into the jackets; basket style will do so only if the basket is small enough to fit within the jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results