shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone want to have some fun with their wedding dress???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 10:53:55 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 6/12/2007 10:14:36 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

However, it appears there is no need. I brought it up to him last night, and since we''re supposed to go to Hawaii in October, he said that would be the perfect location to trash it.

Eek, I''m so excited! I tried my dress on this morning, and it''s a little big - but probably not so big that it wouldn''t photograph well.

Now, to find a photographer on Oahu.
3.gif

36.gif
36.gif
oh how fun. You just have to do this. I actually mentioned it to my hubby and he asked where the heck I found the website and suggested I have too much time on my hands
20.gif
however, he did think some of the pictures were cool so I might be able to work out something for an anniversary
27.gif

I was sure he would give me the same response as your husband.
2.gif

The good news is, I only need someone who''s willing to give up their time, as my husband can do all of the interesting post-processing work.
1.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a really cool idea and I love looking at the pictures.

But...not for me. I can''t imagine intentionally ruining something beautiful and expensive like a wedding gown even though I''d never wear it again. But I''m the same person who can''t get rid of my 10 year old computer cause I paid so much for it, even though it''s useless!

Also, I think they are really pretty in terms of art...but not really the tone I think of when I think of wedding photos or anything I''d want to display. Wouldn''t want to look dead, or like I was attacking my husband in the water, or whatever, though I love looking at other people''s. The pictures on the cliffs and stuff are cool, but I don''t see the dress as so much being trashed there so much as a different location for bridal pics.

But Lauren, you should totally do it, and show us the pics afterwards!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I love trash the dress pictures!!! I really thought I''d want to do it after the wedding, but after having my first fitting I just don''t think I can! I love my dress too much and even though I don''t expect any future daughters to ever want to wear it to their wedding, I''ve been thinking a lot about how much fun it was to play dress up in my mom''s dress when I was younger and I might have a daughter who wants to do that some day...or just myself...you''re never too old to play dress up, right?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 3:18:03 PM
Author: robbie3982
I love trash the dress pictures!!! I really thought I''d want to do it after the wedding, but after having my first fitting I just don''t think I can! I love my dress too much and even though I don''t expect any future daughters to ever want to wear it to their wedding, I''ve been thinking a lot about how much fun it was to play dress up in my mom''s dress when I was younger and I might have a daughter who wants to do that some day...or just myself...you''re never too old to play dress up, right?

Give it a year, or once you''ve had to move the thing a few times.
2.gif

I''m not planning on cutting it up or burning it, but I''m definitely all about the beach, or maybe some scenic areas in the jungle on Oahu. I wonder how salt water will affect silk-satin. Hmmmmmm.

It''s already got a filthy hemline, the walk in the ocean may do it some good.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results