shape
carat
color
clarity

Miranda...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How''s your girlie?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Sleeping! Finally! Stitches come out tomorrow. I''m a little nervous because she said she didn''t want to go back to the Dr. that "chimped" (whatever that means) her in the head. I''ll have to entice her with a visit to her Disneyland...The mall! Do you know anything about scarring? Take a look at my thread in Family & Home if you do. Thanks so much for checking on her Harriet! What a sweetie you are!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cute word! From now on, I''ll refer to getting stitches as "being chimped." Unfortunately, I don''t know anything about scarring, except that I have a big ''ole scar on my shin. I gashed my shin as a child (a really funny and gross story), when Singapore''s medical care wasn''t as advanced. My mother wondered why I wasn''t crying while being chimped and later realised that it was because the stitches were too loose!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ouch Harriet! That sounds terrible! Shins are much more sensitive than foreheads! How many stitches did you have?

The ''unchimping'' went well. As we were leaving she said, "It didn''t hurt when he chimped me this time." LOL!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking about the ''unchimping.'' I can''t believe that shins are more sensitive than foreheads! I had 4-5 stitches. I''d tell yo the story, but I don''t think the mods would approve.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How''s the unchimped one doing?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
She''s fine. The steri strips have not fallen off yet. Her Dr. thought they would after a day or two...It''s been 6. She''s been to the beach a couple of times, the pool a few times, and numerous baths. We''ll see, she''s adamant about NO MORE BAND AID REMOVAL. That has been worse than the sutures...All of those tiny little hairs. I got the bill today. $150. I could not believe it! Who knew chimps were so cheap! I thought it would be $500 or $1000.

I love gory stories Harriet! I''d love to hear yours. How bad is it?

Pinch your forehead...Now pinch your shin...I think the shin is more sensitive, don''t you?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 9:30:40 PM
Author: Miranda
She''s fine. The steri strips have not fallen off yet. Her Dr. thought they would after a day or two...It''s been 6. She''s been to the beach a couple of times, the pool a few times, and numerous baths. We''ll see, she''s adamant about NO MORE BAND AID REMOVAL. That has been worse than the sutures...All of those tiny little hairs. I got the bill today. $150. I could not believe it! Who knew chimps were so cheap! I thought it would be $500 or $1000.

I love gory stories Harriet! I''d love to hear yours. How bad is it?

Pinch your forehead...Now pinch your shin...I think the shin is more sensitive, don''t you?
Glad to hear she''s fine.

I''ll tell you mine only if you tell me one of yours.

They are equally sensitive. I''m not sure why I''m obeying your instructions to pinch myself!
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
LOL!
9.gif
Oops...I''m so bossy. Maybe there is something wrong with my forehead because there is little to no sensitivity. My DH would say it''s my hard headedness!

I have no horror stories...Other than giving birth and I doubt ANYONE wants to hear about that! Grrrross! I''ve really never been seriously hurt or ill (knocking on wood).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 9:44:54 PM
Author: Miranda
LOL!
9.gif
Oops...I''m so bossy. Maybe there is something wrong with my forehead because there is little to no sensitivity. My DH would say it''s my hard headedness!

I have no horror stories...Other than giving birth and I doubt ANYONE wants to hear about that! Grrrross! I''ve really never been seriously hurt or ill (knocking on wood).
Haha.

Let''s just say that I slipped into a cracked receptacle of sorts.
27.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...Cracked receptacle...Was it a sanitary cracked receptacle...I''m having visions of infection!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
I''m still here, aren''t I?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results