shape
carat
color
clarity

can someone please recommend a good and quiet fan for the bedroom..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello: I am having problems with selection of fan for the bedroom.We only use it for a couple of months for hot nights.Last year the one I had to return , was keeping us awake as it was blowing wind ( oscillating) and was quite noisy.I wonder if any of you have a better solution.Mostly bedroom use the bedroom is upstairs and gets quite hot.The room is quite big.Thanks a lot..

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Are you talking about a portable fan? The Vornado is really good and extremely quiet, and about $40 US. I have 2 from my days of apartment living (when they didn''t turn on the AC right away) but we also use them some in our house now. I bought mine via Amazon but I think you can get them at any major store, like Target or Walmart.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Yes Sumbride portable is what I need.My experience with oscillating fans is not too good (noise and mainly blowing the air and dust all around.Is Vornado operating differently? Also is it programmable so it can go on and off automatically? Thanks

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t think I''ve ever heard of a fan that doesn''t blow air around, as that''s what they do, but the vornado doesn''t oscilate. You can set it so that it blows up and then it will move the air but not blow right on you. It''s not programmable, and least not the model I have. Just google "vornado" and see if it meets your needs.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
are you not up for a ceiling fan? hunter makes some quiet ceiling fans.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just bought the tower fan from Costco. It''s quiet and has a lot of great features, plus it stores easy and doesn''t take up a lot of space. Give it a try. It''s actually a two pack. One small tower fan and then the big one. If you don''t like it you can always return it. LOVE costco.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2007 5:04:27 PM
Author: crown1
are you not up for a ceiling fan? hunter makes some quiet ceiling fans.
Yes, if you end up going with a ceiling fan, I second the recommendation for Hunter, we have 4 of them in our house and they are really quiet, also great in the winter (they have a summer and winter setting) for keeping warm air evenly distributed.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
We recently moved into a house that doesn't have ceiling fans in the guest room & office but since we're renting, we didn't want to install ceiling fans. We found two Honeywell ionic tower fans at Home Depot for around $50 each. The previous owners were cat lovers, and the fans have sucked in all the loose cat hair and leaves the air smelling fresh. The filter is also washable. The fans are also super quiet, even when oscillating. The ionizer is optional, as is the oscillation, and has three different levels of cooling. I think it also has a sleep timer, as well as a breeze function, which varies the amount of air that is blown out. Since they're tower fans, they don't take up much room at all, and our dog likes to lay in front of it because it's so quiet. I hope this helps!

ETA: they also have remotes.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone.I don''t think we will be installing a fan, as I said its just for 2 months of the year we would use it and only when hot.Gypsy we don''t get the same stuff at Costco in Canada as in USA.The one I had last year was actually from Costco and was not quiet.Maybe now they improved it? Just wondering how well ionizer works on the fans? Never had one with it?
I will check out all your choices here.Thanks a lot..

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
i''ve had the same small oscillating (or not) fan for the last 12 years. it''s quiet and small, it has adjustable height from about 2 feet tall to about 3 1/2 feet tall. if a larger fan is not exactly what you''re looking for you might wanna check this out.. http://www.amazon.com/Top-Ten-Fans-Summer/lm/1U4NI31P1M4NP

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks a lot will check it out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results