shape
carat
color
clarity

Cellulite lotions etc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone catch the special on ABC the other night about which lotions work to firm?

If not, anyone had any success with this type lotions?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't see the special, but I am on an all-out-cellulite-battle. I bought a bunch of stuff from bliss spa last week. I won't even humiliate myself by telling you all the stuff I bought.

Hopefully, someone can chime in with some good products that are out there.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve tried a couple drugstore brands, like Jergens, I think, but didn''t expect much from them and wasn''t disappointed, lol! I figure I might as well save the money I would spend on topical treatments and put it towards lipo someday, hee hee. I''ve heard/read that actually massaging in the product does more to break up the "fat" than the treatment itself does to firm the skin. I''ve also read that using a self tanner or spray tan application on areas where you have cellulite can help reduce its appearance.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I just started using Nivea Reshaping Treatment last week and I''m already noticing a difference!!! I was skeptical, but it seems to help -- and it''s on sale at CVS for like $6 right now...on clearance so I hope they''re not discontinuing it...may want to stock up

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I went to walmart and Nivea is now selling Cellulite patches?
33.gif
errrr how would that work (BETTER BE A BIG PATCH) lol

Kathryn

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 9:16:14 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
33.gif

Kathryn
ROFLMAO..............mine would be the size of a quilt.............lol!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victoria''s Secret is selling one by Clarins now, it''s $57, I think. I think I would need more than one bottle, though...question, if you see results with the lotion, what happens when you stop using it? Does your skin dimple right back up and will the skin look all saggy, or what?
23.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah and he said nothing would help cellulite. Bummer!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 11:59:58 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I have a friend who massages her legs & arms (with force) to break up cellulite.. she''s seeing results & I can on her arms, but she has vicious bruises.. It looks like someone abused her.. I think, I''ll take the cellulite over the bruises.
8.gif
me too...bruises sound horrible and the cellulite MUST look better than those bruises...ouch! i heard no creame can fix cellulite--cream doesn''t go under the skins surface and cellulite is deep in the fatty pockets---eww....
14.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
LMAO too!
Date: 6/8/2007 6:42:17 PM
Author: dianne

33.gif

Kathryn

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2007 1:43:10 PM
Author: NYCsparkle

Date: 6/9/2007 11:59:58 AM
I have a friend who massages her legs & arms (with force) to break up cellulite.. she''s seeing results & I can on her arms, but she has vicious bruises.. It looks like someone abused her.. I think, I''ll take the cellulite over the bruises.
8.gif
me too...bruises sound horrible and the cellulite MUST look better than those bruises...ouch! i heard no creame can fix cellulite--cream doesn''t go under the skins surface and cellulite is deep in the fatty pockets---eww....
14.gif
Ok, no freakin'' way I would purposely bruise myself to get rid of cellulite. That''s just crazy! I''ve also heard no cream can take away cellulite, and if you think about it, how could something topical possibly get rid of fat cells in the body? I can understand how a firming cream might possibly reduce the appearance of sagginess/dimples on the skin short-term, but in the long run I think you would have to undergo surgery (lipo) to get rid of the excess fat that causes the skin to dimple, right? Bruising oneself? No way, I''d rather look dimply than black and blue.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I believe that liposuction isn''t always effective at getting rid of cellulite either. Cellulite is not a symptom of being overweight but how your tissue near the surface is designed. Rigorous massage (which can cause bruising) or liponic sculpturing can improve the appearance but the results are temporary.

That said, I''ve noticed an improvement in the cellulite on my thighs after losing 13 pounds and building muscle. I think that because there''s less fat under the surface, the ripply area is minimized.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking unscientifically and without coffee this morning, I seem to recall that there is caffeine in some of these lotions that for some reason "tightens" the appearance of the cellulite. Once you stop using the lotion, the effects are gone. But yes, some of the positive benefits are from the massaging (again, massaging, not attacking yourself with a loofah).

But pheonixgirl has the right idea -- muscle trumps cellulite!

Off to brew a pot.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately there is no cream that will get rid of cellulite-It can maybe temporarily make the skin appear more firm. I got lots of cellulite during my pregnancy, it looks disgusting. Pretty much everywhere my stomach,butt, up & down my legs even my arms-I didnt even know you could cellulite there. Sorry if that was TMI. I also heard like SDL mentioned that massage can help & also jogging/running (Which im not going to do, haha)

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/10/2007 10:27:40 AM
Author: VegasAngel
Unfortunately there is no cream that will get rid of cellulite-It can maybe temporarily make the skin appear more firm. I got lots of cellulite during my pregnancy, it looks disgusting. Pretty much everywhere my stomach,butt, up & down my legs even my arms-I didnt even know you could cellulite there. Sorry if that was TMI. I also heard like SDL mentioned that massage can help & also jogging/running (Which im not going to do, haha)

Ugghh! I know what you mean about pregnancy cellulite.
14.gif
I thought it was just me.
8.gif

I do not believe the lotions do a whole lot but does anyone have experience with mesotherapy or smart lipo or anything similar? The new Star magazine has a bunch of celebrity before and after cellulite shots that actually show a reduction in cellulite. They are suggesting that they tried some of these things....

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 11:57:59 AM

Date: 6/8/2007 6:42:17 PM
Author: dianne

33.gif

Kathryn
ROFLMAO. That would be me. LOL!
9.gif
Oh no you don''t!...I''m not falling for it!!....I saw that picture of you in another post in that blue sparkly gown and there is no way you need a quilt-patch. All I saw was amazing curves!!!

Now, me? I have a quilt-patch bottom and thighs.

You?, no way!! Don''t even try it!!....lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results