shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of little black dresses....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!! I love that song too.
9.gif

Now it''s going to be stuck in my head all day.
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s official, I now loathe shopping.

And I know exactly why, because I have horrible luck. It''s been at the joke point for years. Shoes, I always ask knowing they will come back and tell me they don''t have my size. Outfits, the ones I look at and think they made it for me? they have it either in the next smaller or next larger, rarely MY size. (btw, I didn''t even mention that the dress I got, which IS my size and I do love, was not my first pick)
20.gif

So, I found another pair of shoes, honest to God, they looked vintage, same style basically as mine, but with half the heel which I adored, and like they were made for the dress. I asked for it, knowing he''d come back and say sorry. But wait, he comes back with a box in his hand! (at this point I want to do a happy dance) I put them on, um, I need a narrow. They don''t have narrows.
39.gif

Ok, I recoupe, resign myself to the shoes I have, and look for purses and wraps. No purse, fine, I''ll order the one.

Then I spend forever looking at wraps, no pretty ones in colors I''d consider. It''s down to one creme one. I get up to the counter, and discover a huge snag in it.
29.gif

I''m laughing now, I was not then. This is how it goes, 99.9% of the time.

*sigh*

So yeah, somebody get a fork.

DeeJay, this will not be a problem with you, cuz lord knows I won''t be able to afford anything anyway.
9.gif
40.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Ellen-- that suxs.
14.gif
I''ve gotten resigned to the foibles of shopping... I think what you have is going to be lovely, though. Be careful in those shoes, though!!
4.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy, and yes, I will be careful. You''d die if you saw the ones I wore to my nieces wedding. I literally couldn''t walk right by the end of the evening, they were like stilts, lol. So these oughta be a piece of.....nevermind.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle is too cute!!! Songs stuck in my head too
25.gif

Hey, I love that dress!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, so I apparently wasn''t done.
face12.gif

I went to order the purse and shipping was going to be 20+. So I got the names of other malls that had it and was going to drive the 45 min. to get it. Called first, luckily, and that one couldn''t find it.
29.gif
Sorry, just wasn''t worth it to drive further. It was the type I would rarely carry anyway.

So I went to a mall very close we never go to anymore, not THE safest place to shop, but, desperate people do desperate things. Decided to start all over.

Found a creme wrap, shoes and a purse with 15 min. of looking. Pics included, not the greatest lighting. It''s not bright here, so I lightened one as best I could and used the flash on the close up to try and capture the detail.

I LOVE the shoes, naturally they were twice as much, heels a bit higher I think, and not near as comfortable.
20.gif

Thoughts?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot to attatch the pic.
9.gif
25.gif

Newchuandpurse1.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Newchuandpurse20.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, why can''t you still wear the original shoes?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 9:46:15 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Ellen, why can''t you still wear the original shoes?
Well, I could, I just don''t think they go with the purse as well, plus I really like these better.

Maybe I''ll take a pic of the other shoes with this purse just to see.

BRB

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Other shoes.

Newchuandpurse03.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think they look fine with the purse, but if you like the other ones better that's the way to go. My only concern was that you said the new ones weren't as comfortable, and for me comfort trumps all, LOL!

BTW, I certainly hope you aren't planning on wearing either of those pairs of heels for our stroll down Michigan Avenue next week -- I'm REALLY looking forward to the farting flip-flops!!!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 10:13:33 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I actually think they look fine with the purse, but if you like the other ones better that''s the way to go. My only concern was that you said the new ones weren''t as comfortable, and for me comfort trumps all, LOL!

BTW, I certainly hope you aren''t planning on wearing either of those pairs of heels for our stroll down Michigan Avenue next week -- I''m REALLY looking forward to the farting flip-flops!!!
9.gif
They aren''t.
15.gif
God forbid I get shoes I love that are also comfortable.
20.gif
I just love the look of the newer ones....

Dee, I''m STILL trying to find some shos to wear shopping that won''t jack up my feet for the wedding. I do have a pair I forgot about that I may end up wearing. The heel''s not too bad, and they''re definitey nice enough, AND comfy.

I returned the "farting" flip flops.
9.gif
25.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the first shoes but I like both! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 10:42:16 AM
Author: gailrmv
I prefer the first shoes but I like both! I hope you have a wonderful time!
Really? Dang, you''re no help.
25.gif
9.gif
2.gif
And thanks, me too!

Hmmm.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me likes the first shoes.
25.gif
I think they would look great with the dress and tie in well with the bag etc too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 11:39:21 AM
Author: Lorelei
25.gif
I think they would look great with the dress and tie in well with the bag etc too.
11.gif

I just tried both shoes on, and held the dress up. IMO, the second shoes make the outfit look finished, polished.

But the other shoe is more flattering to my foot and more comfy.
32.gif

Waaaah.

I''ll probably bring them both and decide at the last minute.
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2007 11:54:18 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/1/2007 11:39:21 AM
25.gif
11.gif

I just tried both shoes on, and held the dress up. IMO, the second shoes make the outfit look finished, polished.

But the other shoe is more flattering to my foot and more comfy.
32.gif

Waaaah.

I'll probably bring them both and decide at the last minute.
20.gif
Put on the other pair and wear them around the house all afternoon if you can, then they might be more comfy! If not, then shoot for comfort and wear the others
9.gif
Blast - bring 'em both!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 12:02:42 PM

Put on the other pair and wear them around the house all afternoon if you can, then they might be more comfy! If not, then shoot for comfort and wear the others
9.gif
Blast - bring 'em both!
I already thought of that.
25.gif
9.gif

And I probably really will bring both. That's ok, I just talked to my SIL and she can't decide on which dress, one is knee length, one is long. She really wants to wear the long one, but she's not sure who all else will....(the MOTG, our SIL is not)

People, take notice. Either make your wedding BLACK TIE or NOT. Please don't do OPTIONAL, it just makes decisions harder for people.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results