shape
carat
color
clarity

Argentina!!! Been there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Hey!! So my boyfriend just surprised me with a Birthday trip to Argentina for 10 days!!! We leave on Friday night and I''m so excited! He''s planned the whole thing out without my help, which is dificult for me considering I am a micro-manager!
Just wondering if any of you have been there, and if so what did you love and or hate? Any things that are musts?!!

Thanx in advance for any suggestions!!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Having been there many years ago, I can only say Puerto Madiero. MUST. It''s likely hte best seafood you will ever eat (ask for fresh mariscos, or shrimp) in anything you order...and of course it is home to the best tango ever.

I can''t even recommend one place, because every single spot has it''s own feel and I went from one to another and each was electrifying in it''s own way. Have an amazing time, and without a doubt, you must take tango lessons any which way. I have known of people who go to Argentina JUST to dance. Truly. It''s enrapturous...

Have an amazing time, and of course, try their beef....they are known for the qualtiy of their steak!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iguazu Falls, which is on the Argentine/Brasilian border, is spectacular! Aside from the falls, which are amazing to see, the area around them has been turned into a wonderful park-like setting and it's so much fun to walk around there and see all the birds and animals too.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Cabana Las Lilas - best steak hands down - I wouldn''t even bother having steak elsewhere. Must see the antique market on Sunday and the free tango show there - amazing. I''d stay in the Recolleta neighborhood - its the nicest by far. The cemetary there is very interesting, check a guidbook for the day they have the English speaking tour (or Spanish if you speak it). Opera house tour is nice, we saw a show there - I highly recommend that - its one of the best in the world. Modern art musuem isn''t great, I''d skip it. The Alvear Place hotel has an amazing French restaurant - ranked one of the best restaurants in South America. Hermes and some high end shopping is over there too. There is also a great Italian restaurant over by there - amazing - can''t remember the name but its close to an overpass and walking distance from that hotel.

Palermo Soho or Hollywould - one is a nice area, one is up and coming - forgot which - DO NOT go into the up and coming one, seriously we were very uncomfortable. Cabs are cheap. Gellato is great - have to try it if you haven''t. Go see the Pink Palace on the day the mothers march - very moving.

Can''t think of anything else, but you''ll have a great time!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of your suggestions! I took notes and plan to do it all! I''ll let you know how it was when I get back!!!
emteeth.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions! We had an amazing time.... Lots of traveling though.

We stayed in the Recolleta area while in BA, and we did get to eat at Cabana Las Lilas, which was truly amazing. We did a day trip out of BA to a private Estancia and an hour and a half away. Where we rode horses and had a beautiful private lunch. We also made a trip out to the Delta in Tigre, which was nice, but coming from Florida and living on the river, we could have skipped it. We loved Palermo Soho and spent two days strolling aroung there shopping. Other than that, we flew up to Salta and did a long drive up to Jujuiy, wwhich was so gorgeous. After that we took another long drive the next day to a small town called Cafayate, where we stayed at Patios de Cafayate, one of the most beautiful hotels I''ve ever been to. (Bad service though...)

We did not get to the Falls, because it is a dangerous area around there right now. And Puerto Madiero sounds gorgeous, all of our guides said it is a must for our next trip. And yes, we are going back. There is actually a development going up in Cafayate that we are keeping our eyes on as a second home (it''s cheap there)... So I will get to all those places eventually... Thanks for all the input!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results